[Holiday Quest] A Christmas Carole

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: [Seasonal Quest] A Christmas Carole

Post by kls1st »

SKatF wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 19:57 Thank you Erin for posting all the steps, prizes and tips. This is a busy time of year and it must be especially difficult for you to do it timely each day and is especially helpful to us. You are awesome.
I’ll second that! Erin is AWESOME 🤩!
You’re pretty awesome yourself SKat 😎!
Y’all are ALL something special ❤️!
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I noticed while looking at the new template that the 4xgarland lights have things placed under them. I can't do that, so they must be glitched by the Firemonkeys. Once moved, they can't go back. Keep it in mind if you build and decide to renovate or put away these seasonal decorations.

My biggest disappointment with the new seasonal decor is it can't go over anything. I was hoping to festoon it over walls and windows, with furniture placed underneath for a more realistic look. (Similar to Sims Mobile curtains and garlands.)
Attachments
Can't place double wide light/garland due to cat bed.
Can't place double wide light/garland due to cat bed.
Only can use narrower single one.
Only can use narrower single one.
Four wide light in new template. Table with items on it underneath.
Four wide light in new template. Table with items on it underneath.
And another in new template. Both stairs and table with items on it underneath.
And another in new template. Both stairs and table with items on it underneath.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

You’re very welcome 😊 And you all are awesome 😘
SKatF wrote: 24 Dec 2020, 02:49 I noticed while looking at the new template that the 4xgarland lights have things placed under them. I can't do that, so they must be glitched by the Firemonkeys. Once moved, they can't go back. Keep it in mind if you build and decide to renovate or put away these seasonal decorations.

My biggest disappointment with the new seasonal decor is it can't go over anything. I was hoping to festoon it over walls and windows, with furniture placed underneath for a more realistic look. (Similar to Sims Mobile curtains and garlands.)
I‘m disappointed as well. Those items look gorgeous but they are pretty useless if we can‘t place them over windows, doors or furniture. Maybe we should contact the Online Support and tell them there is a bug with those decorations 🤔
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

Are that tabletop globe and clock available decorations? Or only available in the Albion Square template?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

simmare wrote: 24 Dec 2020, 08:57 Are that tabletop globe and clock available decorations? Or only available in the Albion Square template?
As they are items from the Online Store I think they are only available in the house. There are some more items from the store which cost many LPs if you buy them for your sim‘s homes.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Anyone else’s game crashing at the completion of the second to last task?

I’ve forced quit and downloaded my saved game and nothing but crashing. And this is on my new phone!
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Update: I quick completed the last two tasks on my second game and won the prize, but my main game crashes on both of my devices.
Thuraya
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Thuraya »

chamilet wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 04:07 Update: I quick completed the last two tasks on my second game and won the prize, but my main game crashes on both of my devices.
I had this problem with the Christmas meal, too. When the task was shown as completed I changed back to Albion Square from another plot and the game crashed. After my third try to open it all my sims had stopped their tasks and waited in front of their houses, including the one who had the meal in Albion Square. So the task didn't count as fulfilled. I started it again and finished it with LP because of the lost time.

I suppose it happened because I had more than one sim in Albion Square when I started the meal. At least one of the chairs at the table was occupied when I started the task, so the NPCs could not all sit down properly to join in. I made my extra sim leave the table to make place and the NPC sat down but did not have a plate in front of him. This happened in both of my games and they both crashed later.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

Thuraya wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 11:22
chamilet wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 04:07 Update: I quick completed the last two tasks on my second game and won the prize, but my main game crashes on both of my devices.
I had this problem with the Christmas meal, too. When the task was shown as completed I changed back to Albion Square from another plot and the game crashed. After my third try to open it all my sims had stopped their tasks and waited in front of their houses, including the one who had the meal in Albion Square. So the task didn't count as fulfilled. I started it again and finished it with LP because of the lost time.

I suppose it happened because I had more than one sim in Albion Square when I started the meal. At least one of the chairs at the table was occupied when I started the task, so the NPCs could not all sit down properly to join in. I made my extra sim leave the table to make place and the NPC sat down but did not have a plate in front of him. This happened in both of my games and they both crashed later.
When my Sim was standing around doing nothing when I checked in, I made the mistake of reloading my saved game. I was never able to recover after that. I still can't open that game. Luckily my second game was one hour behind and I was able to quick finish that task and the last one. I put in a ticket but haven't heard anything back yet.
chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

After about 3 games of 20 questions I finally got an answer from Firemonkeys about my game continually crashing. Their answer was basically "wait".

Apparently a lot of people are having the same trouble and they'll fix it at some point. I'm guessing (hoping) with the next update. In the meantime, I guess I miss out on everything going on.