[Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
Terar21
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 87
Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 15:35

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by Terar21 »

HordePrime wrote:
enkeli63 wrote:I do keep my primary ghost hunter at level 8 so that the others have a chance to catch any of the ghosts and they don't need to unlock each one themselves.
It doesn't work that way. Once you've unlocked the ghosts, they stay unlocked for ever and for everyone. One sim only needs to do it once. After that, any sim on any level can get any of the ghosts (and the same with the other hobbies).

Also (AFAIK), the amount they earn from the hobbies is the same regardless of their level.

So the OP is good advice. You also get 1LP for reaching level 7, and another 1LP for reaching level 8 ghost hunting.

And preteens can do karate and ballet too. Doing the 30 second "stretch" on a ballet barre, you can get a preteen form nothing all the way up to the highest level in just half an hour or so. The rewards are nowhere near as good as other hobbies though, it just adds to your town value a bit (so you get a slightly higher daily reward).

What I do with my preteen is have him Figure Skating until he reaches level 5, then spend 30mins or so maxing him out on ballet, and then back to skating again.
I agree with this. I hadn't been reading any forums when I first started playing and haven't played for too long so I was operating with 4 or 5 sims on woodworking, ghost hunting, fashion designing, and figure skating. It was profitable for money and LPs but when I found this forum and decided to switch them all over to woodworking, I've really been profiting much higher. You can get a completed set in just a few 4 minute rounds and level them up quickly. Next I'll switch them over to ghost hunting and rotate back. I'll have them work on fashion designing but not for leveling up purposes since it takes so long. A level 1 fashion designer can still get the 500 simoleons rewards and a level 1 ghost hunter can still get the level 8 ghosts regardless. So it doesn't hurt you. Only keep people on 1 hobby if you still have special rewards to earn like diving boards.
Game Center: terar21

HFN (with teen idol instruments): 1 East Oceanside
Woodworking/Fashion Designing: 12 West Side
Haunted House: 10 West Side
User avatar
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 19:46
Location: Finland

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by enkeli63 »

HordePrime wrote:
enkeli63 wrote:I do keep my primary ghost hunter at level 8 so that the others have a chance to catch any of the ghosts and they don't need to unlock each one themselves.
It doesn't work that way. Once you've unlocked the ghosts, they stay unlocked for ever and for everyone. One sim only needs to do it once. After that, any sim on any level can get any of the ghosts (and the same with the other hobbies).

Also (AFAIK), the amount they earn from the hobbies is the same regardless of their level.

So the OP is good advice. You also get 1LP for reaching level 7, and another 1LP for reaching level 8 ghost hunting.

And preteens can do karate and ballet too. Doing the 30 second "stretch" on a ballet barre, you can get a preteen form nothing all the way up to the highest level in just half an hour or so. The rewards are nowhere near as good as other hobbies though, it just adds to your town value a bit (so you get a slightly higher daily reward).

What I do with my preteen is have him Figure Skating until he reaches level 5, then spend 30mins or so maxing him out on ballet, and then back to skating again.
Hey, that's awesome! I read that one had to stay at level 8 to keep the ghosts unlocked, but I am really happy to hear that was misinformation 8-) I don't mind having my sims rotate hobbies from time to time, so this is really good news to me!!

And yeah, about the foosball table, I meant getting one for free. It's pretty nice when you're starting out and don't have a lot of §§§.
Facebook: Enkeli Hawk
#1 & #2 Firehouse Road: Haunted House & Neighbors' House
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
#2 Museum Boulevard has dog with Frisbee
User avatar
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 814
Joined: 18 Sep 2013, 22:42
Location: Spaceship Earth - Mid-West USA

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by katgames »

I do good in Competition center usually. I usually get 3 LP which males me happy. I have not utilized my preteen says much as I should. I send the. To karate and ballet but pay no attention. I'll start checking and try the stretching deal. Thanks!
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
User avatar
1010AM
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 105
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 06:16
Location: Bali

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by 1010AM »

bloodcool wrote:I posted this in FM forum, thought I would re-post this here
E.g.: I've max my Sim in woodworking, I made him do ghost hunting and upon completion, he has become a ghost hunter. Now I switch him back to woodworking and build up his woodworking skills from level 1 again.

NOTE: This forget-&-restart hobby should only be done on ghost hunting, figure skating and woodworking only. As these 3 hobbies are faster to level-up (with ghost hunting the fastest)
ghost hunting is very tiring hobby, since i have to check it evry 3 minute! id rather go diving than ghost hunting
User avatar
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 819
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 13:19
Location: Fort Worth Texas

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by mommacude »

I've been doing Fashion Designing and fishing, but even though I have 4 doing the fashion designing, I only have found the first four on each set. I can't seem to get lucky. My question is, if my goal is to get more LP, do I only get one at the very end of finding them all? If so it seems like a lot of work for just one LP. I might be better to visit farms and also buy more animals myself. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
User avatar
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 823
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 16:18
Location: CA

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by SIMazing »

Your have to level up in the hobby. The grid is made up of 2 squares a piece for each level. Since you have only gotten the first four, I would assume that your sims are no higher than level 2 in that hobby. If your sims are higher, then you may be experiencing a glitch, and should fill out a support ticket right away on the Firemonkeys website.

As for the LP, once your sim reaches their highest level in fashion design they will get 1 LP (each sim when they reach it), and you won't get the 3LP for completing the grid until the second or third time (depending on the hobby) because you first get the regular rewards. For fishing (and ghost hunting), you get 1 LP at level 6 and then more LP at level 8, and 5LP for completing the grid.

To level up the quickest, do the shortest hobby tasks, 4 min intervals.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
User avatar
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 819
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 13:19
Location: Fort Worth Texas

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by mommacude »

SIMazing wrote:Your have to level up in the hobby. The grid is made up of 2 squares a piece for each level. Since you have only gotten the first four, I would assume that your sims are no higher than level 2 in that hobby. If your sims are higher, then you may be experiencing a glitch, and should fill out a support ticket right away on the Firemonkeys website.

As for the LP, once your sim reaches their highest level in fashion design they will get 1 LP (each sim when they reach it), and you won't get the 3LP for completing the grid until the second or third time (depending on the hobby) because you first get the regular rewards. For fishing (and ghost hunting), you get 1 LP at level 6 and then more LP at level 8, and 5LP for completing the grid.

To level up the quickest, do the shortest hobby tasks, 4 min intervals.
Thank you! I've been doing one hour or four thinking that's better. Oops
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
User avatar
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 819
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 13:19
Location: Fort Worth Texas

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by mommacude »

I finished fashion design but can't find the outfits. Are they supposed to be in the wardrobe?
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6208
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +2

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by ErinPW »

mommacude wrote:I finished fashion design but can't find the outfits. Are they supposed to be in the wardrobe?
They should be at the Fancy Dress shop :)
Modern Ranch Update, 5.84.0
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
User avatar
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 819
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 13:19
Location: Fort Worth Texas

Re: [Tips] Level-up Bonus from Hobbies

Post by mommacude »

ErinPW wrote:
mommacude wrote:I finished fashion design but can't find the outfits. Are they supposed to be in the wardrobe?
They should be at the Fancy Dress shop :)
Ohhh!!! I haven't been there in ages. I forgot it even existed. Thanks.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
Post Reply