"Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
Post Reply
hiser1974

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by hiser1974 »

maggie wrote:

90 hours of game play wow ! This has a time limet .90 hours is like you say 4 days . I have 4 days left on my time limet .

So seeing I am using 3 star it should be half that time. :?:

I am finding or should say what I am doing is using up my LP up in what I am gaining for free in getting SIMS doing ice skating is clicking finishing the task faster using 1lP so sim can level up faster . As I notice onces teenager level is higher I am hoping I can finish this sooner .
Yeah, I had very bad luck with the bass guitar notes. It took 18 times playing it before I got all three.
How long it will take you to get all notes depends on luck.
If your lucky you don't get much doubles and can finish faster.

Let's say you get no doubles (which is unlikely) then to make 15 notes it would take:
1-star: 45 hours
2-star: 34:30 hours
3-star: 24 hours
Calculate in the time for RL and bad luck and then six days don't seem that much time to accomplish the time-limited goal.
Nandireya
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 84
Joined: 17 Sep 2013, 18:26

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by Nandireya »

Every time I finished a hobby set I used the LPs to finish my song writing so I got through fairly quickly.

I'm taking my time upgrading the sign, though. It would cost me well over 100 of them to get it to level 3 and there's no rush to finish it.
yoyoyo224466
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Nov 2013, 12:27

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by yoyoyo224466 »

:o I've completed the road to fame quest and my sims has written all 15 pieces of music, however when I look at the Sim Town Sign it is like the picture shown. I don't know how to get it to let me build it. Anyone know how??
Attachments
image.jpg
User avatar
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner
Posts: 1891
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 08:12
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by Perturbee »

yoyoyo224466 wrote::o I've completed the road to fame quest and my sims has written all 15 pieces of music, however when I look at the Sim Town Sign it is like the picture shown. I don't know how to get it to let me build it. Anyone know how??
It looks like yours is broken. Save your game to the cloud, force-close it, uninstall, reboot and installing again with a restore of your save might help. In any case, I'd also submit this with picture at FM's support site: https://firemonkeys.zendesk.com/
yoyoyo224466
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Nov 2013, 12:27

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by yoyoyo224466 »

I tried to save it to the cloud, but I checked to see if I could download it and it says download unavailable!! Please tell me that I can find it because I'm on level 30, have 12 sims and nearly all my building built!! :shock:
User avatar
PaQuilter
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 100
Joined: 18 Oct 2013, 16:50
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by PaQuilter »

yoyoyo224466 wrote:I tried to save it to the cloud, but I checked to see if I could download it and it says download unavailable!! Please tell me that I can find it because I'm on level 30, have 12 sims and nearly all my building built!! :shock:
Does it say download unavailable or something about data matches current data...download unavailable? It's kind of confusing but I know my daughter had to restore her game and it worked for her. That's why I save and save often. It can only restore the game to your last save or restore point.
“Worry is like a rocking chair.....it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.”
House #24 - Left of Volcano - House for Neighbors
House #27 - Right of Volcano - Haunted House
User avatar
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 472
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 14:45
Location: SE Asia

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by animagif »

If your current game matches the cloud save, the cloud won't let you download. You may need to reset the game or uninstall and reinstall it to have the downlad available.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
User avatar
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 696
Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 16:32

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by HordePrime »

I finally finished the song and my teen is officially an "idol"! - When you've completed the grid, the timer ends and it unlocks the Sim Town Sign which requires three new resources to construct, one of which is the Magazine Photoshoot you got when you finished the last row of notes. The other two resources are TV Show Cameo and Radio Interview. You have to build the sign up to level 3 to unlock the Teen Idol Mansion.

The new instruments it unlocks are all 3-star and free. They look cool but still take the same amount of time, so if you've already bought the 3-star instruments, it doesn't appear to offer anything new (other than the fact that they look cool).

When you reset the grid, the rewards change. You then get 1,000 XP for completing the first row (keyboard notes), 1,500 XP for the second (bass), TV Show Cameo for the third (drums), Radio Interview for the fourth (electric guitar) and Magazine Photoshoot for the fifth (vocal) - the last three are all resources needed for the sign. And each time you complete the entire grid you get 3LP. Unlike in other hobbies however, being a certain level doesn't seem to have any affect on the availability of rewards - my teen managed to complete the entire grid whilst being only on level 4.

It therefore seems like you will have to complete the grid a further 30 times in order to get the sign up to level 3. Each time through takes at least 24 hours even if you don't have any repetitions, so it looks like it will take a good month or so of playing non-stop in order to get the mansion (more like twice that long because you won't be playing during the night). That's unless you use LP instead of course, which I imagine almost everyone will.
IMG_0453.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0458.jpg
User avatar
PaQuilter
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 100
Joined: 18 Oct 2013, 16:50
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by PaQuilter »

HordePrime wrote:That's unless you use LP instead of course, which I imagine almost everyone will.
That's what I did. I just don't have much patience. :roll:
“Worry is like a rocking chair.....it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.”
House #24 - Left of Volcano - House for Neighbors
House #27 - Right of Volcano - Haunted House
Terar21
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 87
Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 15:35

Re: "Road to Fame" and "Teen Idol"

Post by Terar21 »

HordePrime wrote:I finally finished the song and my teen is officially an "idol"! - When you've completed the grid, the timer ends and it unlocks the Sim Town Sign which requires three new resources to construct, one of which is the Magazine Photoshoot you got when you finished the last row of notes. The other two resources are TV Show Cameo and Radio Interview. You have to build the sign up to level 3 to unlock the Teen Idol Mansion.

The new instruments it unlocks are all 3-star and free. They look cool but still take the same amount of time, so if you've already bought the 3-star instruments, it doesn't appear to offer anything new (other than the fact that they look cool).

When you reset the grid, the rewards change. You then get 1,000 XP for completing the first row (keyboard notes), 1,500 XP for the second (bass), TV Show Cameo for the third (drums), Radio Interview for the fourth (electric guitar) and Magazine Photoshoot for the fifth (vocal) - the last three are all resources needed for the sign. And each time you complete the entire grid you get 3LP. Unlike in other hobbies however, being a certain level doesn't seem to have any affect on the availability of rewards - my teen managed to complete the entire grid whilst being only on level 4.

It therefore seems like you will have to complete the grid a further 30 times in order to get the sign up to level 3. Each time through takes at least 24 hours even if you don't have any repetitions, so it looks like it will take a good month or so of playing non-stop in order to get the mansion (more like twice that long because you won't be playing during the night). That's unless you use LP instead of course, which I imagine almost everyone will.
IMG_0453.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0458.jpg
I find that I get notes I've already gotten a LOT. It's definitely designed to be a several month task if you aren't playing nonstop or for you to use life points.

So I've got my teen idol trying to at least get some resources by playing instruments, all my adult sims on hobbies (except the ones doing goals), and my other kids are figure skating.

If you're dedicated, you can earn the LPs pretty fast without having to dip into what you already have.

I just feel like I'm wasting precious time because I need to build houses but now that I've seen the teen mansion, I don't want any other houses :D
Game Center: terar21

HFN (with teen idol instruments): 1 East Oceanside
Woodworking/Fashion Designing: 12 West Side
Haunted House: 10 West Side
Post Reply