[QUEST] Bread Winner

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mockingbird288z

[QUEST] Bread Winner

Post by mockingbird288z »

Bread Winner quest - all times with 3 star items
Inspired Sims complete tasks faster!

Unlocks at level 5

This quest unlocks the cooking hobby. When you complete the grid the first time you unlock Chopping Boards

1 Watch Sim Chef on TV - 2 min 24 sec.
2 Buy a stove - (May complete immediately if you already are at a house with a stove)
3 Cook Bacon and Eggs on a Stove - 5 minutes
4 Eat Bacon and Eggs - 5 minutes "Grab a Plate option"
5 Wash the Dishes - 3 seconds
6 Search bookshelf - 1 minute 52 sec
7 Buy a toaster - (May complete immediately if you already have one.)
8 Cook cheese and tomato on toast - 1 minutes
9 Invite a Sim over - immediately
11 Call to Meal - immediately
12 Daydream on a couch - 1 minute 42 seconds
Last edited by ErinPW on 03 Feb 2022, 07:51, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Updated details
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Groovylocks
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Re: [QUEST] Bread Winner

Post by Groovylocks »

Hi! I'm on level 9 now and want to unlock this hobby. I found it when I was asked to cook, then informed I'd have to unlock this breadwinner quest first. The problem is that I don't have an option to watch sim chef on tv. When I clock on a tv, it just gives me general options like "watch show/movie/documentary etc..." I don't have a grocery store yet. Do I need one to unlock this hobby? Or something else?

Advice?
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Groovylocks wrote:Hi! I'm on level 9 now and want to unlock this hobby. I found it when I was asked to cook, then informed I'd have to unlock this breadwinner quest first. The problem is that I don't have an option to watch sim chef on tv. When I clock on a tv, it just gives me general options like "watch show/movie/documentary etc..." I don't have a grocery store yet. Do I need one to unlock this hobby? Or something else?

Advice?
Do you have another quest in your queue that comes before bread winner? If so, you'll need to complete it first.

Is the cooking request from the weekly quests? Those are notorious for giving tasks you are unable to do. The only solution is to wait or skip it with lps. Or possibly try to bake something and see if that works. Are you able to bake still?
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Groovylocks
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Groovylocks »

It's very possible that i DO have another quest that has to be completed first. Nothing in my queue suggests that but it's possible something is coming. I'm past the minimum level.

It IS a weekly quest item too. Which, ok, if something else needs to be done first, that's fine. I can wait.

I notice in your first post you say "When you complete the grid the first time you unlock Chopping Boards." Can you tell me more about that? I'm not sure what you mean by completing the grid. Maybe this is something I haven't done yet.

I think I can pass this task with baking - everyone seems to imply I can. But (and this is going to sound silly) I have a Sim that I really WANT to endow with a cooking hobby. If I just can't, that's fine. But I'd really like to.

Thanks!
Groovylocks
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Groovylocks »

Oh also? If it matters? I have a crappy version 1.0 stove. Haven't upgraded to anything better yet.
justpassin
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by justpassin »

I just started the quest and Im level 3 for cooking. It says i Need to cook burgers but when i get to the stove it only gives me a option to Cook Bacon and Eggs on a Stove.

Halp!!
penlopej
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by penlopej »

You need to keep cooking until your sim levels up to the point that burgers are available.
Twistedkitty
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Twistedkitty »

justpassin wrote:I just started the quest and Im level 3 for cooking. It says i Need to cook burgers but when i get to the stove it only gives me a option to Cook Bacon and Eggs on a Stove.

Halp!!
You need to have a microwave to be able to cook burgers :) I've only just figured that out after cooking all morning :lol:
justpassin
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by justpassin »

Twistedkitty wrote:You need to have a microwave to be able to cook burgers :) I've only just figured that out after cooking all morning :lol:
penlopej wrote:You need to keep cooking until your sim levels up to the point that burgers are available.

thanks for fast response
Last edited by justpassin on 05 Aug 2014, 15:00, edited 2 times in total.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Groovylocks wrote:It's very possible that i DO have another quest that has to be completed first. Nothing in my queue suggests that but it's possible something is coming. I'm past the minimum level.

It IS a weekly quest item too. Which, ok, if something else needs to be done first, that's fine. I can wait.

I notice in your first post you say "When you complete the grid the first time you unlock Chopping Boards." Can you tell me more about that? I'm not sure what you mean by completing the grid. Maybe this is something I haven't done yet.

I think I can pass this task with baking - everyone seems to imply I can. But (and this is going to sound silly) I have a Sim that I really WANT to endow with a cooking hobby. If I just can't, that's fine. But I'd really like to.

Thanks!
Groovy locks, how many quest boxes do you have? I can't remember if you would have neighbor quests yet or not. If you don't, you should have two quest boxes. One a weekly and whatever special quest you are on. If you are doing neighbors, you would have three boxes. If you don't have a special quest at all and are fully updated, you might need to contact Firemonkeys.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.