Tips about weekly tasks

The tips and guides section.
General guides and tips only, quests have their own subsection!
User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6164
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1

Re: Tips about goals

Post by ErinPW »

Palmjill wrote:
ErinPW wrote:
Palmjill wrote:[snip]
You need to finish the goal at 7 pm ie. start at 6 pm. You get an hours' leeway so start anytime between 6 and 7. Remember you have to see your sim complete the action at the right time too.
Nope. I had this goal a few days before. It completed with start a few minutes past 7 p.m.
Great, nice to know there's an easier way to complete this goal! I have been doing it the other way for over a year now :lol:
Will give your method a go the next time the goal pops up.
That's strange :shock: As far as I remember, my time related goals didn't complete your way, they still complete at the beginning. Except the baking- and gardening goals, which have been changed with the last updates, and a new exception (catch a fish between 18.00h an midnight) which I've had the other day.
I would feel bad, if you lose a whole day :cry:
Art Nouveau Update, 5.82.0
iOS 17.3

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
User avatar
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 606
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 01:31

Re: Tips about goals

Post by Palmjill »

ErinPW wrote: That's strange :shock: As far as I remember, my time related goals didn't complete your way, they still complete at the beginning. Except the baking- and gardening goals, which have been changed with the last updates, and a new exception (catch a fish between 18.00h an midnight) which I've had the other day.
I would feel bad, if you lose a whole day :cry:
Don't worry, I will hedge my bets by starting one sim at 6.15 and another just past 7 ;)
Anyway I'm kinda on a break and hibernating most of my sims except for the music making teens and those doing goals.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
User avatar
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 19:46
Location: Finland

Re: Tips about goals

Post by enkeli63 »

ErinPW wrote: There are some "general rules" for our goals. They are mentioned in the second post of this thread, also a few exceptions, which I've found. This might help for future goals :)

The German TaiChi at 7 is mentioned completely wrong. There is shown 7 a.m., also the text shows, that it should be done in the morning. This does not help, but might give a bit comfort :)
Yes, I saw that this goal was the first one in the list in the original post, yet there was no clear information on this post nor the goal itself to assist me in clearing it up. I read that most of these goals complete upon starting, and that did not work. So this one would fall into the exceptions that complete at the conclusion of the task. Now I know 8-)
Facebook: Enkeli Hawk
#1 & #2 Firehouse Road: Haunted House & Neighbors' House
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
#2 Museum Boulevard has dog with Frisbee
User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6164
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1

Re: Tips about goals

Post by ErinPW »

enkeli63 wrote:[snip]
Yes, I saw that this goal was the first one in the list in the original post, yet there was no clear information on this post nor the goal itself to assist me in clearing it up. I read that most of these goals complete upon starting, and that did not work. So this one would fall into the exceptions that complete at the conclusion of the task. Now I know 8-)
I had to re read your question. The important part:
enkeli63 wrote:[snip] I started at like 6:58 pm because I thought he needed to be doing it at 7 pm.

You have been at least two minutes early. Nobody cares about two minutes, but the game does :lol:
Pretty sure, this goal will repeat at any time. Palmjill's idea might help to get it for sure :)
Palmjill wrote:
ErinPW wrote:[snip]
I would feel bad, if you lose a whole day :cry:
Don't worry, I will hedge my bets by starting one sim at 6.15 and another just past 7 ;)
Anyway I'm kinda on a break and hibernating most of my sims except for the music making teens and those doing goals.
Thanks, that reassures me :D
Art Nouveau Update, 5.82.0
iOS 17.3

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
User avatar
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 19:46
Location: Finland

Re: Tips about goals

Post by enkeli63 »

ErinPW wrote:
enkeli63 wrote:[snip] I started at like 6:58 pm because I thought he needed to be doing it at 7 pm.

You have been at least two minutes early. Nobody cares about two minutes, but the game does :lol:
Pretty sure, this goal will repeat at any time. Palmjill's idea might help to get it for sure :)
Yeah, when it comes up again, I'll know better what to do. My whole point of posting the question is that when this goal came up, I was confused and read this thread. This goal was not listed among the exceptions that complete at the conclusion of the task, it was only mentioned that the German translation is wrong. So then I thought it completes at the time 7 pm, if your sim is doing the task at that time. I had no way to know otherwise, as the goal was not listed among the exceptions. Now I know, but I feel it would be helpful to add this particular goal to the exceptions list, as it is still confusing even if you don't have the German incorrect time ;)

Regardless, I really am grateful for this thread and I know it will help many players, so thank you very much for putting these tips together here :D
Facebook: Enkeli Hawk
#1 & #2 Firehouse Road: Haunted House & Neighbors' House
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
#2 Museum Boulevard has dog with Frisbee
hiser1974

Re: Tips about goals

Post by hiser1974 »

Thanks for the tips regarding the bbq and goals.
I had the grill'em all goal. It was done on a free bbq and my sims went to sit at a picnic table to eat.
After 6:30H to goal seemed stuck on 0s remaining.
Then I remembered this thread, reread it and let it go for another 90m, so 8H in total. Then the goal did complete 8-)
User avatar
sm22281
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 46
Joined: 31 Oct 2013, 18:44
Location: Texas

Re: Tips about goals

Post by sm22281 »

Palmjill wrote:Just finished the goal plant garlic between 8pm and 6am. Unlike before the goal does NOT complete on starting between those 2 times. Rather you need to finish planting between those 2 times. I actually started planting just after 12 noon and completed the goal just after 8 pm.
Thanks for sharing this, it explains why I have planted garlic twice in a row without completing the goal! I am now watching the clock so I can start the garlic planting in time to harvest it after 8 pm and my bedtime. Thank you! Lessons are hard learned!
GC ID: Joyinmotion
Device: iPad Air
Haunted House
: #22 West Side
HFN: #21 West Side (under development)
Teen idol mansion with musical instruments; a few dogs, cats, & pools.
User avatar
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 606
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 01:31

Re: Tips about goals

Post by Palmjill »

sm22281 wrote:
Palmjill wrote:Just finished the goal plant garlic between 8pm and 6am. Unlike before the goal does NOT complete on starting between those 2 times. Rather you need to finish planting between those 2 times. I actually started planting just after 12 noon and completed the goal just after 8 pm.
Thanks for sharing this, it explains why I have planted garlic twice in a row without completing the goal! I am now watching the clock so I can start the garlic planting in time to harvest it after 8 pm and my bedtime. Thank you! Lessons are hard learned!
Yw and thanks for reminding me that I wrote this a month back :lol:
My goals are starting to repeat and I'm sure this one will crop up sooner or later.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
User avatar
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 19:46
Location: Finland

Re: Tips about goals

Post by enkeli63 »

hiser1974 wrote:Thanks for the tips regarding the bbq and goals.
I had the grill'em all goal. It was done on a free bbq and my sims went to sit at a picnic table to eat.
After 6:30H to goal seemed stuck on 0s remaining.
Then I remembered this thread, reread it and let it go for another 90m, so 8H in total. Then the goal did complete 8-)
That's fantastic! I'm glad the discussion of that goal helped you 8-) I'm going to make sure all my homes with BBQ also have a table and 3 star seating very close to the BBQ from now on :D
Facebook: Enkeli Hawk
#1 & #2 Firehouse Road: Haunted House & Neighbors' House
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
#2 Museum Boulevard has dog with Frisbee
User avatar
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 696
Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 16:32

Re: Tips about goals

Post by HordePrime »

hiser1974 wrote:Thanks for the tips regarding the bbq and goals.
I had the grill'em all goal. It was done on a free bbq and my sims went to sit at a picnic table to eat.
After 6:30H to goal seemed stuck on 0s remaining.
Then I remembered this thread, reread it and let it go for another 90m, so 8H in total. Then the goal did complete 8-)
I've had a similar thing happen after a Preteen eats Microwavable Popcorn.
It works fine with the cheaper microwaves, but with the 3-star one, it seems to take a couple of minutes longer than it says it does to actually finish the goal. - It stays on zero for a while like the BBQ one did. Weird.
Locked