Most Profitable Action in SFP ($+XP)

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Derbone88
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Most Profitable Action in SFP ($+XP)

Post by Derbone88 »

Hello all, first post bit of a newb question i know sorry, but cannot find a concrete answer anywhere...

What single action/job/task etc. returns the most Simoleons and which (if different) most XP, regardless of time taken to complete? Most I can find is Growing Spinach @ $8700 + 3600XP (inspired sim).

I ask because its so much more than other gardening tasks (especially the $), I'm wondering if the same might be true of other tasks elsewhere in the game.
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Re: Most Profitable Action in SFP ($+XP)

Post by Perturbee »

"Regardless of time taken"?
That seems a rather pointless exercise. The balance of hours and payouts is very important!
You gain much more §/XP from doing many short tasks in the same time it takes your Spinach to grow.

You'll need to decide for yourself how much time you're willing to invest and the rule of thumb here is, the less time you spend, the less you earn! Time taken is almost one of the most important factors of the game.

There are basically 4 groups of §/XP generating options:
- Gardening (given example of Spinach is skewed, since about only 40% can be harvested, rest is sim-eating plants)
- Baking (has a similar risk of losing certain baked goods through burning)
- Jobs/School (Top Athletes give most in shortest time)
- Hobbies
Derbone88
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim

Post by Derbone88 »

As i said its more a matter of curiosity, i was shocked when I saw that Spianch could potentially yield so much more than its sister actions, thought i might be missing something similar elsewhere.

As for the time, i typically only visit my Sims once a day, so only go for longer tasks. I know its a bad stratagey but its what suits my lifestyle. This is why time taken is not so important for me when choosing what to do, either way its gonna be 24h.

Just looking for a straight answer really, I guess i should have asked which action pontentially returns most XP and or $ only visiting once a day sorry...
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

Wow. For once a day action it's definitely gardening. Doing a 1 day hobby yields minuscule §/xp compared to the time it took to do it.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

I have put my sims to watching the movies overnight for XPs. I think it's movie marathon. What they plant overnight depends on time frame and if I want simoleans or XP. I don't care for the gamble of the sim eating plants so only occasionally take that option. It also depends on what you are going for. Are you mostly wanting to level up or do you really want to bank some simoleans. If you read through this forum ( which, granted, takes some time) you will find a treasure trove of tips and advice ( and some very nice people) and the answers to most every question you can think of. I am sure Perturbee spent and spends countless hours on this service and I among many others greatly appreciate it. Never got this concise a forum with the game developers plus you had to wade through a lot of negativity which does not happen here. Try doing the 4 minute hobbies (woodworking and fashion and ghost hunting 3-1/2 min have been most lucrative for me) spend 10 or 15 minutes (I know, it'll turn into an hour, lol) doing that when you have the time and see what you think.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

If you can only visit once a day and are just looking for XP, then make sure you use only the 1 star items (such as TV for movie marathon). The lower star items take longer to complete but you get the same XP. As long as they are busy, their motives don't drop.

If you're going for Simoleans and you need to bake or garden, I think the only long term crop that doesn't get the Simeating plant gamble is pumpkins. My Sims garden overnight, alternating between onions, garlic, beans because those are the 7-9 hour crops.

If you set them up for beans and movie marathon, those are long enough to not see their needs drop too much, but you'll have to check in twice a day. Put up to 10 sims together in a house for those events then you save time by not house hopping. Put at least one 3 star fridge, toilet, coffee pot, phone and sink in the house where they are doing their tasks. Then, when you check in after the movie marathon is over or the bean planting is complete, if you see somebody's motives dropping, cycle them through turbo snack, coffee, pee, wash hands, quick chat and all of their motives come back up in less than a minute. If you have 2 of each item, it will be faster, they don't need to sleep if you have coffee, and you can run 10 Sims through in less than 5 minutes, then set them up to garden or watch more movies.

I did this when I was first starting out, trying to build up my bank and level up (and working 14 hours days meant I couldn't spend a lot of time playing). On my day off, I would play with them some more and let them eat meals, sleep in the beds, take showers, work on hobbies and socialize with each other for XP boosts. Figured if I didn't give them a break I might be reported to the Sim Authorities for Sim Abuse or the Sim Union would make them all go on strike :)
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Derbone88 wrote:As for the time, i typically only visit my Sims once a day, so only go for longer tasks. I know its a bad stratagey but its what suits my lifestyle. This is why time taken is not so important for me when choosing what to do, either way its gonna be 24h.
The best thing you can do (for both money and XP) in 24hours or less is to cook Wedding Cakes. They cost 2LP each though and take 22 hours.

In terms of simoleans (money), if you don't want to spend LP on wedding cakes (or if you're not on a high enough level to have unlocked them), the next best thing is planting Beans (they only take 9 hours).

In terms of XP, the next best thing you can do in 24hours or less is to cook Danish (which takes exactly 24 hours), or failing that, plant Garlic (takes 8 hours).

If you're a gambling man/woman, you could instead plant Eggplant (for money, takes 18 hours) and cook Banana Bread (for XP, takes 20 hours). These things can give you a lot of money and XP respectively if they sprout/cook, but there is always the danger that they won't - they could turn into Sim Eating Plants or Burn, and get you nothing. If you plant/cook lots of them, you should normally find that enough of them sprout/cook to make it worthwhile, but if you prefer to err on the side of caution, stick to the above instead.

Data is only correct as of the previous update for inspired sims at home.
Lishws720
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lishws720 »

I agree with most of HordePrime's comment above, but the most XP without worrying about Sim-eating plants, has to be growing hamburger plants. The wedding cake has both high simoleons and XP, and the 24-carat carrot has high simoleons but low XP.
AliciaWS720 on Game Center: §418 mil town value, VIP 10, level 55. Started as a new game during the DIY update. Special thanks to all of you very creative people on this forum for inspiration in designing houses!

My game is fully updated on iOS.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Lishws720 wrote:I agree with most of HordePrime's comment above, but the most XP without worrying about Sim-eating plants, has to be growing hamburger plants. The wedding cake has both high simoleons and XP, and the 24-carat carrot has high simoleons but low XP.
You're right. For some reason Hamburger Plant was not on my list. Apologies.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

What level is the hamburger plant? I don't have that one yet, but would sure love to grow one!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48