Definition of "temporary" (as in "temporarily offline"

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Lucyvp867
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Definition of "temporary" (as in "temporarily offline"

Post by Lucyvp867 »

Perturbee wrote:I get the impression my remark about ignorance is misunderstood.

It's the obvious questions that don't need asking that bugs me. "How do I make a hot meal in a microwave", "How do I catch Zzs on a couch", "How do I go for a dive" (while the goal actually says dRive). The old support site on GetSatisfaction is filled with these! Those are the things that can be found easily by trying.
Awwww....thank you for this. I was actually feeling bad for asking so many questions :oops:

I swear, I did try to find the answers but when the "hang out at the park pier" option is clicking on a fishing pole in the park? How the heckito was I supposed to know that? Or the Tai Chi is actually that magical expanding pocket all SIMS have?

I read those instructions at least three times, I even lost time doing the wrong things, before I finally gave up and came begging for help. I was happy to find people who were so kind and willing to help me out.

Although I've been playing this game for over a year, those few months I took off makes me feel so lost! So much has changed in this game in that time, I feel as if I'm bumbling about a bit right now.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

Perturbee wrote: I think a lot of criticism is absolutely founded. Just because it's free, it doesn't mean it has to be filled with bugs or delivered without any testing ....

I do agree that ignorance is part of the problem FM has to deal with, but that's a far wider spread problem. Common sense is no longer common....

Last but not least, some fans deem it necessary to attack and threaten developers. This rising tendency has caused some game developers to quit their jobs and seek a different (and safer) employment. Read this: http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/462225 ... ort-groups
Here, here Pertubee you make sound, solid points. It's a mess and the world in general seems to get crazier and crazier.
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
MonkeyHandsLuke
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MonkeyHandsLuke »

As I said on FB, It's probably easier for them to close the forum down than deal with the problems and listen to all the complaints. I'm not expecting the forum to come back online anytime soon. Oh, and then there's the people who think they may be struggling financially and cant afford to keep it up etc.
Lenny
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Lenny »

At least they could change the temporarily on their website now to either it's closed or we don't know when it will come back. And I still consider it net courtesy to announce a long time or permanent closer before closing it so that people could backup their posts and contacts.
Facebook: Nevasa Simm (please PM me on this board, if you want me to add you as a friend, I'm not using facebook Messenger on a regular basis)
Hounted House: 1 Diver's Way
HNF/Rendeer Farm: 3 Firehouse Road
Version: Christmas in London
EileenK98
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by EileenK98 »

There's a computer terminal at my local library which has been "temporarily" out of order for two years now, and counting.
So apparently "temporary" now means "any time between now and the end of the world."
New town, new Sims!

Haunted House: 2 East Oceanside
Library: 1 Museum Boulevard
Spa: 2 Museum Boulevard
The Winchesters' Bunker: 3 Eastside
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 »

it would be REAL NICE if the would bring the old EA forum up even if it is just REAd ONLY !!!

fm/GM forum temp down or not ... that would be real nice. it had lots of nice pics and helpful suggestions ...though it is quite a bit old and does NOT contain many new updates.
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
ZeeGee

Post by ZeeGee »

The definition of 'rare' also need to be corrected. Pfffttth
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

EileenK98 wrote:There's a computer terminal at my local library which has been "temporarily" out of order for two years now, and counting.
So apparently "temporary" now means "any time between now and the end of the world."
Lol... I guess it does...you have a point
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll: