Do you plan your Sims names before creating your Sims?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
mrs_smartt
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Do you plan your Sims names before creating your Sims?

Post by mrs_smartt »

I've named my sims with my husband and I and our two daughters we hope to have someday.

The other characters are:

Beckett and Castle from the tv series Castle.

Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who who is dating John Barrowman (the actor who played Captain Jack)

Clara Oswald is also from Doctor Who and I don't know yet who I will pair her up with.
I am still debating on crating River Song or Melody Pond also from Doctor Who. Also Amy Pond and Rory Williams.
GC: TARDIS Rose (Closed)(Not Updated)
Wildlife Sanctuary: 3 West Oceanside
Haunted House/Maze: 12 West Side / 1 West Oceanside
HFN (In Progress): 2 West Oceanside
Akmawmaw
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Akmawmaw »

When I started the game I was unaware you could put your own names in so I scrolled through the defaults. Ended up with names i didn't care that much for sometimes. Have two Stuarts which drives the OCD component of my personality crazy (er). I know people who named theirs after real life people and actually ended up deleting sims when those friendships ended. Would love to be able to rename some of mine but most everything in my game was done spontaneously on the fly with not a lot of forethought. Creative energy randomly unleashed!! Lol.
Stenn
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by Stenn »

All my adults are game generated, random names. I wasn't too into my little people when I first began playing...I was more focused on building and decorating houses. I rushed to get as many sims as I could for revenue. I did begin naming the babies myself, although not very creatively, just names I like. I couldn't even tell you any of my adult sims' names, lol, I know them by hairstyle and outfit. Definitely wish we could change their names, maybe then I could remember them!!
NoraR
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by NoraR »

I do not plan the names, I just look for inspiration when it is time for a new sim. I do tend to base sims on real people, just kind of change their name around. I am making myself laugh because the villain of my town is based on someone I do not like. Kinda fun having all the other sims dislike him.

In the past I have used my name, my X husband's name, characters from my fav books.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

My first set of sim names were all randomly generated. My second set of sims (between the goal for add a sim and a few sims moving out of town), were DC superheroes citizen selves: Clark Kent & Lois Lane, Diana Prince, Bruce Wayne & Alfred, Wally West, Oliver Queen, and Hal Jordan (then I switched him out for Jon Stewart, then back again to Hal). When the teen update was coming, I decided to change out some of the superheroes for regular citizens again, and grow some families. The last batch have names related to coffee in some way.

So today, I have a handful from each group. The original families' kids all love Bruce Wayne. All the guys try to flirt with Diana (haha; she would rather work out with her weights than go out on date. Wishes she had a sword to train with and better boots). Lois tries to know everything about everyone. And the caffeine gang is mixing up trouble with ghosts in the town library. Queen Brandy has her hands full trying to keep her teenager Monica in line, finding her at the park doing protests, and racking up phone bills calling who-knows-Betsy?! It's a fun town! :D
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

I plan names and wish the game was more flexible about Sims who marry. Not everyone changes their name these days!
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Cadbury
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Cadbury »

My first couple of sims names were random. Then I added Ramases the great. Who's married to Isis. I also have Doctor Who and River Song, Leo Dicaprio, Indiana Jones And Elizabeth Bennett. I wish I could add more characters from Doctor Who , but I've reached my sim limit
MonkeyHandsLuke
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by MonkeyHandsLuke »

I do. I normally have some sort of theme and run from there and/or I sometimes think of a character and then build a theme around that :D
boysnberry11
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by boysnberry11 »

I don't plan in advance. I wait until it is time to add a new sim. I then pick a country and name them with a popular name from there. Each family member and even some of the pets will have a name specific to that country (unless it is a multi-racial family). My town is extremely diverse! :D
GC: boysnberry11
ILoveSpf
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ILoveSpf »

Yes I do. I planned ahead before I download the app. I made a list and everything including what the houses would look like and have in them.
Sorry, that was completely off topic..