Does anyone else design Sims houses on graph paper?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
aylilth
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Re: Does anyone else design Sims houses on graph paper?

Post by aylilth »

HordePrime wrote:
Lishws720 wrote:OK, maybe I have way too much time on my hands, but I've always loved looking at house plans, so this game fulfills my nerdy house-planning dreams! I do draw the floor plans of some of my houses on graph paper before I create them. Does anyone else plan their houses?

Also, I've used the seven beach (double) lots in my main town to build a pastel rainbow. My far left beach house (which is also a near model of the home I really live in) is purple with the purple roof, the next one is indigo, then blue, then green, then across the waterway I have my yellow, orange (peach), and pink (well, I demolished the pink one in anticipation of the Teen Idol house, which I will build there and make pink). Does anyone else plan their communities in some way?
Yes, I do this too!

It means the first thing I do is have lots of empty rooms. I'm sure it looks weird for any visiting neighbours, but then I gradually fill up the rooms according to my plan when I can afford to.

I've also still got a few empty plots which I have planned out, but nothing exists yet in the game. - When it's all done it will be great though. I'm definitely playing the long game here.

I'm the same, I don't do the graph paper but hey you guys gave me ideas lol.

But I've done the build an empty shell, start with like one room, picture how many sims I want living there, are they having kids or not :mrgreen: then it grows from there. Decorating rooms etc.
GC-Aylilth

Sims freeplay Addict when not working!
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

katgames wrote:
SIMazing wrote: This method works if you have a second device where you can save your data.
...<snip>... Repeat as many times as I like, being careful when to upload and when to download. Using this method I checked out all of the pre-made houses that were in my budget. ;) <snip>
Wow! I'm not sure I'd do this because I'd probably mess something up. But thanks for explaining. It does sound like a good way to get the visual.
It's addicting. Sure it's disastrous if you accidentally get the upload/download wrong. BUT, if you get good at it, you can spend hundreds of LP or millions of Simoleons on a whim and then have them back in your pocket moments later. 8-) Think of all the things you could do with that kind of power? :lol: :twisted: I feel a "bwhuhaha" coming on... I quickly digress...

As I was reading through this thread, I began to miss my old grid design method. So today I excitedly drew out a house to build when I have the chance. It was so rewarding. I felt like a kid with a new crayon! :mrgreen:
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
ILoveSpf
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by ILoveSpf »

Yea I did that with some of my houses
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

I had to make some grid paper in 3 flavors. Single story small lot, 2 story small lot and single story premium lot. I could not help myself :)

(Just click image to go download from my website)

telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Wow! That's very helpful.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Deedee
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by Deedee »

I am using a digital version also... should I post it also? It can be for photoshop or paint shop pro or any program that can open layered files with those extensions... EDIT - I did post one, for now.

Please anyone who does design on paper, please post and share here... I need help and ideas!