[DISCOVERY QUEST] Vacationer's Guide to the Outdoors

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: [QUEST] Vacationer's Guide to the Outdoors

Post by mommacude »

Hi there. I hope this isn't a really dumb question. It has been MONTHS since I've played but I see I've missed a few updates that look like they'd be fun to do.

I did the Life Dreams update and I have the beach, the carnival, the arcade all finished (I think). I was not someone that was terribly attached to my sims, since I started later than a lot of others here. So, it didn't bother me that they died, it was just really boring to me. I do have my main family paused in age.

<edit to add> Still need to get enough orbs to finish the animal area, but that shouldn't be that hard to do. I have almost everyone in my town as pet personality type at the moment</edit>

My question is this. If I still need to do the Balcony quest, then this one, will I need to be doing "orb grinding" again to proceed? That part of the game wasn't fun for me. I need to get all my sims out of hibernation and put them to work though, because I don't have much money right now and I know I'll need it for some of this new stuff.

Thanks in advance.
GC: mommacude
Checking things out after a long time away.
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

mommacude wrote:Hi there. I hope this isn't a really dumb question. It has been MONTHS since I've played but I see I've missed a few updates that look like they'd be fun to do.

I did the Life Dreams update and I have the beach, the carnival, the arcade all finished (I think). I was not someone that was terribly attached to my sims, since I started later than a lot of others here. So, it didn't bother me that they died, it was just really boring to me. I do have my main family paused in age.

<edit to add> Still need to get enough orbs to finish the animal area, but that shouldn't be that hard to do. I have almost everyone in my town as pet personality type at the moment</edit>

My question is this. If I still need to do the Balcony quest, then this one, will I need to be doing "orb grinding" again to proceed? That part of the game wasn't fun for me. I need to get all my sims out of hibernation and put them to work though, because I don't have much money right now and I know I'll need it for some of this new stuff.

Thanks in advance.
Since you have completed all the building at the other venues, the only area that will require orbs to build are the areas at the Pet Park. Assuming you don't use LP to build the areas instead. So far, we have not needed orbs for building anything else. Hopefully we are done for good with orbs, but no one knows for sure.

The only other things you may want orbs for are for simoleons, selling a platinum orb gives you $300,000. The other would be if you want to immortalize all or some of your sims.

Hope this answers your question. :D
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

DelDel wrote: Since you have completed all the building at the other venues, the only area that will require orbs to build are the areas at the Pet Park. Assuming you don't use LP to build the areas instead. So far, we have not needed orbs for building anything else. Hopefully we are done for good with orbs, but no one knows for sure.

The only other things you may want orbs for are for simoleons, selling a platinum orb gives you $300,000. The other would be if you want to immortalize all or some of your sims.

Thank you!! It does. I should be able to work for a couple weeks and finish the animal park. Meanwhile I'm being interviewed with my main character to get the balconies.

Thanks for the info!!
DelDel
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by DelDel »

mommacude wrote:
DelDel wrote: Since you have completed all the building at the other venues, the only area that will require orbs to build are the areas at the Pet Park. Assuming you don't use LP to build the areas instead. So far, we have not needed orbs for building anything else. Hopefully we are done for good with orbs, but no one knows for sure.

Thank you!! It does. I should be able to work for a couple weeks and finish the animal park. Meanwhile I'm being interviewed with my main character to get the balconies.

Thanks for the info!!
You're welcome!
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

I just finished building the campground and started the quest. I'm glad it isn't like the castle quest where we couldn't see inside. The campground areas do look beautiful (except for the trash and broken bridge). At least we have a preview of what is to come.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
mockingbird288z

Post by mockingbird288z »

From Perturbee's blog:
Perturbee wrote:This quest becomes available from level 11 upwards and requires you to have completed "Book of Spells".
I just updated one of my games that I haven't done the Book of Spells quest in and I was able to build the campground and start the Vacationer's Guide to the Outdoors. After starting the Vacationer's quest the requirements for Book of Spells changed to include needing to complete the Vacationer's quest.
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Lakeside Christmas Update
Perturbee
Administrator/Owner
Administrator/Owner

Post by Perturbee »

mockingbird288z wrote:From Perturbee's blog:
Perturbee wrote:This quest becomes available from level 11 upwards and requires you to have completed "Book of Spells".
I just updated one of my games that I haven't done the Book of Spells quest in and I was able to build the campground and start the Vacationer's Guide to the Outdoors. After starting the Vacationer's quest the requirements for Book of Spells changed to include needing to complete the Vacationer's quest.
You're right and I corrected the blog.

As it turns out, the low level game that I used to check for it was indeed still on the Book of Spells (for ages now). I did a new run, the only requirement is having the Park (which is part of the tutorial, so should be present anyway).

That indicator of completing is there to show you can not start another discovery quest while doing one.
LovemySims
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by LovemySims »

So glad I don't have to complete the Book of Spells in order to get the campground, as I have never wanted to do that quest. I'll get updated to the campground as soon as I've finished the hobby grids I want to complete....I'm a one of these people who likes to get things all ticked off before staring something new!
mommacude
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by mommacude »

I'm trying to get all my let park finished myself.
playsims
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by playsims »

Regarding to someone's question before as to where are the camping tents. It's in the Outdoor furniture but accessible when you are level 38 & higher. I got my tents last week even though I have not started building the Park. Grab a few & put them in an empty lot, along with gardening plots, picnic tables, lamps,etc. Sort of a camp. It's only decorative, no interaction. Would have been nice if there is an action to sleep in the tent or something.