Demolishing houses and pre-made/LP houses Q

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Demolishing houses and pre-made/LP houses Q

Post by katgames »

animagif wrote:
katgames wrote:
animagif wrote:Increasing your tv to raise your daily reward only works for older games. Newly started games have a cap on their daily reward so spending your LP to increase tv is a bit moot.
Say what??!!! What is the cap? I've been working to be able to build houses so my daily reward will go up. You say in' that too has been taken away? Bummer!
Yes. The cap was introduced quite a while back actually. There's a lengthy discussion about tv and whatnot here. Perturbee's post on Oct 20th in that thread is pretty definitive.
ErinPW wrote:As far as I know, for newer games the percentage for the daily reward decreases when the TV increases. So increasing the TV seems to be useless :(
That is even worse than having a cap. :lol:
Thanks a ton for this info and link. I missed this altogether. This is information I need to know! Depressing but still need the knowledge. *goes to read*
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
katgames
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by katgames »

animagif wrote:Yes. The cap was introduced quite a while back actually. There's a lengthy discussion about tv and whatnot here. Perturbee's post on Oct 20th in that thread is pretty definitive.
I went there and re-read that entire thread. I actually participated in the middle of it but had not followed it to the end. Thank you so much for re-directing me to this very informative thread.

So, if I'd only started in Dec of 2012 rather than I think April of 2013, my Sims world would be a lot different. This is off-topic for this thread so I'll stop there but THANKS!
:geek:
HFN: #1 West Oceanside near Campgrounds
HH: Next to Fire Station
Still no police station in mah town :roll:
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

Along the lines of demolishing a house and replacing with a new home. I want to do this with one of my homes that is currently occupied by a family. Do I need to officially relocate the family to an empty home while their new house is being built, and then relocate them back in? Or can they just stay at other houses without doing the move? I wouldn't want them to get disappear somehow! Thanks :-)
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
babhiemiao29
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by babhiemiao29 »

Desiree wrote:Along the lines of demolishing a house and replacing with a new home. I want to do this with one of my homes that is currently occupied by a family. Do I need to officially relocate the family to an empty home while their new house is being built, and then relocate them back in? Or can they just stay at other houses without doing the move? I wouldn't want them to get disappear somehow! Thanks :-)
To be able to demolish a house, you need to relocate its residents first. After doing so will you be able to open up the green bubble house and have the option of demolishing it.

A tip though: put all the current house' furnitures in your inventory before demolishing the house. :)

TV: 11,307,969
HFN, cat paradise, pet central : In-progress
Reindeer park: #3 East Side beside the Real State Company
HH: #21 West side just beside the starter house

I HAVE NOT UPDATED~!!
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

Thanks ! Definitely putting everything in the inventory, I spent a lot of time on the house, but the teen idol mansion will be a big upgrade in space :-)
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
babhiemiao29
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by babhiemiao29 »

Desiree wrote:Thanks ! Definitely putting everything in the inventory, I spent a lot of time on the house, but the teen idol mansion will be a big upgrade in space :-)
true that! unfortunately for me, I managed to save up already for the teen mansion, but since i forced return home my sim when he was already about to come back to town, he got stuck midway and my game crashes when I try to get him! :oops: :evil:

I had no choice but to restart the game! TT^TT i lost 100LP in the process.... :(

TV: 11,307,969
HFN, cat paradise, pet central : In-progress
Reindeer park: #3 East Side beside the Real State Company
HH: #21 West side just beside the starter house

I HAVE NOT UPDATED~!!
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

I almost started a new thread, but I think this question kind of belongs here. Anyway, I want to put a Teen Idol mansion in my main town where all the premium lots have already been built on.

I have a Designer House on a premium lot that I think I will take apart down to the grass, and then demolish to create a fresh lot for the Teen Idol house. The one thing I'm confused about right now is what happens to the value of the second floor I added to this pre-built one story home. Will I lose the 1 million § that is cost to add the second floor? I'm assuming I can't put the second floor I purchased in inventory... :ugeek:

Has anyone dealt with this, and know what happens? I hope the question is clear. If not... just ask.
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

blackbrit wrote:I almost started a new thread, but I think this question kind of belongs here. Anyway, I want to put a Teen Idol mansion in my main town where all the premium lots have already been built on.

I have a Designer House on a premium lot that I think I will take apart down to the grass, and then demolish to create a fresh lot for the Teen Idol house. The one thing I'm confused about right now is what happens to the value of the second floor I added to this pre-built one story home. Will I lose the 1 million § that is cost to add the second floor? I'm assuming I can't put the second floor I purchased in inventory... :ugeek:

Has anyone dealt with this, and know what happens? I hope the question is clear. If not... just ask.
When I deleted a second floor, I only got the money for the rooms. For deleting the second or third floor I got nothing :(
Attachments
Deleting third floor
Deleting third floor
Cabaret Curtain Call Update, 5.85.0
iOS 17.5.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

ErinPW wrote:When I deleted a second floor, I only got the money for the rooms. For deleting the second or third floor I got nothing :(
Although you get nothing for deleting the floor, you do not lose the 500k town value you received building it.
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

ErinPW wrote:
blackbrit wrote:I almost started a new thread, but I think this question kind of belongs here. Anyway, I want to put a Teen Idol mansion in my main town where all the premium lots have already been built on.

When I deleted a second floor, I only got the money for the rooms. For deleting the second or third floor I got nothing :(
Oh my. That is unfortunate. Thanks so much, Erin. I'll probably still end up doing it; but at least now I know a bit more about the true cost - especially for those of us who like to add second and third floors.

I do like that Teen Idol house, but then again, I also like to design my own places. The nice thing is that FM designed an excellent new house that is quite tempting. Maybe having only one, out on the island, will be enough for me. :P

PS I love your HFN design!
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP