Questions about Employment

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Questions about Employment

Post by enkeli63 »

I was wondering a couple things about employment. One, is there any real benefit to getting your sims to the top of their career? Does it improve the Town Value in some way? Is there any real bonus to letting your sims go to work? They can make a lot more money and xp if they stay home, it would seem.

My other question is about your preferences: how many sims do you like to keep unemployed? I've currently got half of my adults unemployed in case I get a quest that requires them to start a new job, but I prefer to have my sims working at hobbies or even gardening and baking.
Facebook: Enkeli Hawk
#1 & #2 Firehouse Road: Haunted House & Neighbors' House
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
#2 Museum Boulevard has dog with Frisbee
ErinPW

Re: Questions about Employment

Post by ErinPW »

A part of my sims are maxed out with their jobs, but they don't go to work very often :) I remember a goal which requires 4 maxed out scientists. That's why they don't quit their jobs.

I don't need more money or XPs, but I like to have more LPs and SPs. That's why my sims do their hobbies at home or in a friends house, are working on goals and visit neighbours.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by enkeli63 »

Yeah, all my sims who have maxxed their careers are staying home to work on hobbies and stuff. I don't want them to quit their jobs because I can send them if they need to go for some reason, or I'm not able to play for a while. There are some careers my sims cannot take because they start too early in the morning for me :lol: I'm new to the game though, so I didn't know if there was something I was missing about careers and if it's a mistake to keep them home.
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

enkeli63 wrote:There are some careers my sims cannot take because they start too early in the morning for me :lol:
Let me guess, athletes right? I never wake up early enough to send my sims to work. :lol:
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

animagif wrote:
enkeli63 wrote:There are some careers my sims cannot take because they start too early in the morning for me :lol:
Let me guess, athletes right? I never wake up early enough to send my sims to work. :lol:
It's the ten o'clockers I have trouble with. I am busy by that time of the day. Usually they just work on Saturdays!
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by enkeli63 »

animagif wrote:
Uh-huh! I get up at 10 am, so I am not able to get athletes off to work so early. I currently have a task to BBQ in the park between 6 and 10 am, but I think I better use LP to skip that one, because I'm only up that early when I have troubles sleeping. (I stay up late to spend some time with my husband when he gets home from work.)
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

enkeli63 wrote:is there any real benefit to getting your sims to the top of their career?
The only benefit I know of is to win at the Competition Centre when a relevant competition comes along. But even then, the best they can earn is 3LP in 24 hours, and you can get a lot more than that from doing hobbies, so essentially no, it's not worth it.

Personally, I like to keep one sim at the highest level in each of the possible jobs. Otherwise, they are all unemployed, although I had to give jobs to a few if it was required by a goal.
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by enkeli63 »

HordePrime wrote:
enkeli63 wrote:is there any real benefit to getting your sims to the top of their career?
The only benefit I know of is to win at the Competition Centre when a relevant competition comes along. But even then, the best they can earn is 3LP in 24 hours, and you can get a lot more than that from doing hobbies, so essentially no, it's not worth it.

Personally, I like to keep one sim at the highest level in each of the possible jobs. Otherwise, they are all unemployed, although I had to give jobs to a few if it was required by a goal.
There's relevant competitions for careers? I didn't know that! I haven't built the competition center yet. I'm working toward the high school and the snow park right now. I think I will soon get the nightclub also, and then just focus on earning §§§§ for some of the pre-built houses that I'd like to plop down and redesign, except I think only one of them is requiring §§§ to build. Most of them need LP, so I am making most of my "slaves" work at hobbies to earn those. I make a lot more money and xp that way too! I suppose if my husband changes work shifts, I could finally get a sim into the athletic career, but otherwise I will have to skip that one.
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

enkeli63 wrote:...and then just focus on earning §§§§ for some of the pre-built houses that I'd like to plop down and redesign, except I think only one of them is requiring §§§ to build. Most of them need LP...
You might already know this, but make sure you build the §§§ one first as the price of those increase with every new house you get. The LP ones on the other hand stay the same.
enkeli63 wrote:I suppose if my husband changes work shifts, I could finally get a sim into the athletic career, but otherwise I will have to skip that one.
I was in a similar situation, but I actually got my Athlete all the way up to the highest level just by having him play Soccer - he never actually went to work once! Of course, this was when the promotion items used to take 1 hour instead of 3. - I might not be bothered to do it now.
Terar21
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by Terar21 »

For me, it's beneficial. I have a ton of athletes. 4 hours and ~1000 simoleons and xp. That's good money and xp if you're not doing hobbies at that time and keeps them occupied. I like it because I work during that time frame so it's most cost effective. The mayors as well since they only go 6 hours. I made the mistake of doing scientists for 2 sims. On the weekends I don't send them to work since I could literally just put them on a hobby and they make it like that.
Game Center: terar21

HFN (with teen idol instruments): 1 East Oceanside
Woodworking/Fashion Designing: 12 West Side
Haunted House: 10 West Side