Questions about Employment

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
KissieK
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Re: Questions about Employment

Post by KissieK »

I was wondering about not sending sims to work everyday cause I read somewhere (don't remember where) that if you missed so many days they would get 'fired' and I didn't want to have to start all over from the bottom so I make sure to send mine every day. All of mine are maxed except one and I've missed 3 days in a row before and it didn't happen but if they can keep their job without going every day I think I'll just let them stay home if I can make more simoleons gardening and hobby for those LPs cause I have a feeling they'll be needed for the monuments!
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

None of mine have lost their jobs from skipping a few days. I did make them practice on the related career items in the beginning, to keep up when they had to stay home and work on 24 hour goal projects. I think it's only regular Sims where you lose your job - so far it hasn't happened here, at least to my Sims. I have had a couple of them quit their job, start a new one for a goal, then quit that and go back to their first job - they only lost 1 level and quickly earned it back to the max level of the first job in a couple of days of going to work and practicing.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Desiree wrote:To keep the toddlers busy the Teddy Bear is great as it has a 12 hour option. Which is great because for some weird reason the toddlers have the shortest sleep options. The Teddy Bear is very expensive, its 20LP! But I found it worth it to save up and finally purchased one for each of my 4 Toddlers.

I had a few of my Sims get to fairly high levels in their careers before I realized how great fashion design was for a career :-). I keep them there because occasionally a goal will come up that a sim needs to get to a certain level at a job. Otherwise they are unemployed, or technically at whatever job they got due to a goal.

I have two adult sims who I use as teens in a family ( I had them before the teen update ) . They don't do fashion design but do the various goals. That's their job.
if i need the toddlers to be busy, i just let them watch 1-star tv movie marathon, 10 hours...
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

KissieK wrote:I read somewhere (don't remember where) that if you missed so many days they would get 'fired'
Don't think so. None of my sims ever go to their work and nobody has been fired. They are still on the highest level and have been so for several months.
KissieK
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by KissieK »

Ok that's good to know. I was already gonna do like someone on here said about keeping one or two unemployed cause I've also had to quit some jobs to start another for a goal. Just didn't want to have to start all over.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

KissieK wrote:Ok that's good to know. I was already gonna do like someone on here said about keeping one or two unemployed cause I've also had to quit some jobs to start another for a goal. Just didn't want to have to start all over.
when you quit a job and start another, you will lose a level for the previous job

E.g.: You are at level 5 for firefighter, if you quit and start career as politician to complete the goal, then went back to firefighter, you will be at level 4.
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by enkeli63 »

Yeah, I still have some unemployed sims for those times when you need to put x number of sims in one job--but then I realized that I don't really NEED to fulfill those goals. I will just skip them and not worry about it. (I had the "have 4 sims employed as athletes" goal the other day and haven't even built the stadium, so it's no problem to skip such goals and just carry on!)

Anyways, I will give the unemployed sims some jobs after building the other workplaces, just so they can go to work if I'm not going to be actively playing them for a while (for whatever reason). But they'll only go to work if I really think they ought to, and the rest of the time they will be working as slaves or enjoying the good life 8-)
Facebook: Enkeli Hawk
#1 & #2 Firehouse Road: Haunted House & Neighbors' House
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
#2 Museum Boulevard has dog with Frisbee