mystery box after driving progressive car, traffic jam save?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Re: mystery box after driving progressive car, traffic jam s

Post by nogard0 »

all those cars are the ones that drive around normally in town. at least on an iPad 2 . first drive a car then if it disappears near an intersection chances are high it will cause a traffic jam for cars going that diestion. cars goingbthe other way or turning THROUGH a car wont be affected but make for good crash looks.
Attachments
CRASH !!!
CRASH !!!
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

See? That's why SFP needs a police department! My sims run red lights all the time and frequently t-bone the other cars on the road! They are very bad drivers! I never see that many cars in my roads, and I am on an iPad as well.

Do you have sound in your game? My sound quit on Thursday when the teen idol thing started. It's really annoying - I can't hear the "shoo-shoo" alerts to let me know they are done with things, can't hear the music, can't hear them talking to the plants or hear my toddler yakking with her teddy bear - most of all I have no idea what Dora's new music sounds like at all - never heard the keyboard songs, the bass guitar songs and now I can't hear the drum solos... Is she channeling Iron Butterfly or does she sound like a toddler banging on pots and pans??? Sigh... My first bug and it's a doozy!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:This may be a permanent goals thing - to keep people working toward completing goals instead of just gardening all day to save money for building and whatnot.
It's had the opposite effect for me. Since the update, I don't really bother much with goals anymore because it's pointless - you don't get enough of a reward for doing them to make it worthwhile, especially the longer ones. I still do them for the mystery box, but I'm in no hurry because I know I'll easily complete 20 goals in a week.

Before, doing the goals used to be my priority - everything else came second. But now it's the other way around, I only do the goals when I have a suitable time. Sometimes they are left dangling for ages and I forget about them.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

nogard0 wrote:<snip>
finally have mystery box ... but if its weekly and i have 6 days to finish 10 weeks ??? i wont even get the first key !!!! STUPID GAME ... the goals should have had a TIME LIMIT TOO if that is the case !!!!
nogard0 wrote:UPDATE: goals are playing like they are weeks ... i.e. i finished week ones 2 goals in about 20 seconds !
i guess i am working on week 2 now ... play chess after 6 people to park.

game said i finished week one goals but i have NO KEY to show for it !!!
There are 20 goals in each week (6 days, x hours). You don't have to complete 10 weeks worth. that's just the maximum amount of keys that can be used for a single box purchase. You'll get prizes along the way (including 3LP before you get to 100%).

When you finish the 20 goals you get a box that pops up showing you have completed 100% and the key. Then the goals turn back over to regular goals for the remainder of the week. When that 6 day period ends the mystery box timer resets for the upcoming week. If your game isn't completing the 6 day period before the next one starts, it must be a glitch. Maybe that's why you're game isn't getting to the finish mark to give you a key..??
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by SIMazing »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:<snip>
Do you have sound in your game? My sound quit on Thursday when the teen idol thing started. It's really annoying - I can't hear the "shoo-shoo" alerts to let me know they are done with things, can't hear the music, can't hear them talking to the plants or hear my toddler yakking with her teddy bear - most of all I have no idea what Dora's new music sounds like at all - never heard the keyboard songs, the bass guitar songs and now I can't hear the drum solos... Is she channeling Iron Butterfly or does she sound like a toddler banging on pots and pans??? Sigh... My first bug and it's a doozy!
Have you checked whether the game changed your sound setting in the settings menu? I noticed today that mine were changed from where I put it, but mine were turned all the way up.
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

SIMazing wrote:Have you checked whether the game changed your sound setting in the settings menu? I noticed today that mine were changed from where I put it, but mine were turned all the way up.
I have checked game settings and iPad settings. It was all working fine until Thursday evening when teen idol showed up. Everything else has sound - my other apps, iTunes, Hulu - everything except SFP. The volume is on max but everything is silent, no talking, no alerts, no sound effects, the TVs and stereos are silent, they dance in the silent nightclub and the DJ plays silent records.

The last time it worked was Thursday night when I sent my firefighters to work and set everybody else to either garden or sleep all night. Usually, they wake me up with the "shoo-shoo" noise to let me know they have woken up or finished their crops. There hasn't been a peep out of them since Katie said good night to Molly when she cuddled her before she went to sleep, then went out to garden and started crooning to the plants, as they always do. I went to sleep and when I woke up, I had the teen idol goals and no sound :(. I sent a ticket to FM, after 2 days with no sound, but so far not a peep out of them either!
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
ZeeGee

Post by ZeeGee »

How strange. I would hate not being able to hear sounds. On the bright side, I've had the keyboard jingle stuck in my head all day. It's quite catchy! Maybe Perturbee can isolate the sounds and post them on soundcloud? She's good at stuff like that!

Tho noticing the time hopefully she's sound asleep right now ;)
nogard0
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Location: alexandria, va, usa, earth, solar system, milky way galaxy, universe, dimension (name)???

Post by nogard0 »

did you check the mute slide switch if you have one ? only mutes ringer not volume on iPad 2 .
SFP tv ~ 41,435,102
im nothing but empty shell
(i took out my brain so people couldnt read my mind)

nothing is over the rainbow but very thin air !

u post pics.
GC nogard0
FB sue.donim.144
cant visit FB TVs below §200m

64 GB iPad 4/Air iOS 9.2
Palmjill
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Palmjill »

nogard0 wrote:did you check the mute slide switch if you have one ? only mutes ringer not volume on iPad 2 .
You are right nogard0. It was a mute slide switch problem!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=451
Not updated and Not playing! (please excuse zombies)