Teen idol resources and mansion question

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Re: Teen idol resources and mansion question

Post by SIMazing »

So what happens to the hobby grid once the sign is completed? Does it eventually change over to XP and LP?
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
blackbrit
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by blackbrit »

animagif wrote:Quick question. To those who has the teen town sign already built, do you still see drops for the resource for it? I built the sign a while back and it has been days since I last see a resource drop for it.
I have continued to get resources - rarely - for the sign though I am on level 3, with a completed sign. There isn't any way to see if the resources are being accumulated/tallied though. I'd guess I've gotten 5 resources since the sign completed, which probably includes at least one of each type.

Speculation? They plan to add levels to the sign in a later update. What do you think?
L 55, Easter Update
HFN, #2 Firehouse RD.
Haunted House #20 West Side. Pre-built HH @ #1 Firehouse RD.
"C" for 74 cats, "R" for 80 reindeer; See map view
GC: blackbrit.1
For GC: Mention Hay Day or SFP
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Desiree wrote:I tried the teen changing thing and did get a resource within a few minutes. I was about to use my LPs to just finish up the last 20 or so, but I guess I'll keep going for the resources. Then give them all a break!
I going to get giddy from the attire changing... :?

Most probably going to use LP to finish off...
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

bloodcool wrote:
Desiree wrote:I tried the teen changing thing and did get a resource within a few minutes. I was about to use my LPs to just finish up the last 20 or so, but I guess I'll keep going for the resources. Then give them all a break!
I going to get giddy from the attire changing... :?

Most probably going to use LP to finish off...
Yeah, I'm down to just needing 9 movie cameos or 27 LPs. I haven't received any movie cameos in the closet spinning. I know I can get the 9 by completing the drumming row nine more times, but that would mean having to fill the entire grid nine times! So close, yet so far...have to see how my patience holds up!
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Dora took a shower this morning (good scrub) and got a magazine photo shoot! I was shocked. First time I got a sign resource without grinding through the music grid. Cedric is at school and Dora is protesting in the park for a key goal. When Cedric comes home, I'm going to have him change clothes, do some normal everyday things, make some music... see if he can get some items since he's new. I'm really glad I have my second pre-teen and teen - they go to school on different shifts, so I always have one available for pop up goals. Dora can skip school today, it's Sunday and she's almost at 100% of level 7. Cedric studied last night to try to catch up with his new school, but I sent him off today to try to get him past the beginning grade level.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
enkeli63
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by enkeli63 »

After upgrading my sign to level 2, I've noticed quite a few of these sign resources coming in from my adults doing hobbies. I've gotten the resources now from ghost hunting and fashion design for sure, but I think I also got one from fishing and ice skating. My teen also acquired 2 doing music (one randomly and one completing the set of notes). I had only acquired one resource randomly before I spent LP to upgrade the sign, but now they are coming in as regularly as the rare monument resources :D At this rate, I will not need to spend LPs on the third upgrade!
Facebook: Enkeli Hawk
#1 & #2 Firehouse Road: Haunted House & Neighbors' House
#3 Firehouse Road: Performance Park with 3 Star instruments for teens & activities for all ages
#2 Museum Boulevard has dog with Frisbee
hiser1974

Post by hiser1974 »

My sign is still on level 0, the TV Cameo resource seems hard to get.
Considering on spending lp on it but will wait a week to see how far I get without spending them.
But I do have a feeling that grinding for lp is easier and faster then collecting the resources.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

hiser1974 wrote:My sign is still on level 0, the TV Cameo resource seems hard to get.
Considering on spending lp on it but will wait a week to see how far I get without spending them.
But I do have a feeling that grinding for lp is easier and faster then collecting the resources.
Yeah, I finally got two of the movie cameos by doing random activities, it would only cost 18 LPs at this point to finish the thing, but now I feel I've put such a ridiculous amount of effort in I should just wait til they come in.

The plus side is I've amassed a ton of LPs and Simoleons I can use for decorating :D
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
alligatorade52
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by alligatorade52 »

I finally finished upgrading the sign and my mansion has been built. The prompts for the teen idol update said only teens can live there, so how do I get my teen to move in? Or can they only move in with their family? Help please!
Level 55; Penthouse Update
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

SIMazing wrote:So what happens to the hobby grid once the sign is completed? Does it eventually change over to XP and LP?
No, it doesn't. And that's a bummer.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.