Fishing Hobby?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Fishing Hobby?

Post by sonlightmom »

Is it possible to complete the fishing hobby? Since joining this board and realizing that hobbying is one of the best ways to level up, I'm back at it... Doing 4 minutes rounds as often as I can find some free time to keep my Sims busy, but the last time Andras went fishing he still had 2 fish left to catch to complete his collection and there has been no progress since. I have 2 sims doing fashion design and that one also seems slow, but with persistence I've gone through those goals a couple of times, but fishing has just stalled. I have 5 guys doing woodworking so that hobby is very lucrative for me and am wondering since my 2 guys that fish can't fish together and they aren't making any progress if they should just give up fishing and start woodworking with the other guys.
Kristi

* Neighbor House: Starter house
* Haunted house: Next door to starter house
* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
* Game Center Name: sonlightmom
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Fishing Hobby?

Post by HordePrime »

sonlightmom wrote:Is it possible to complete the fishing hobby?
Yes, but it can take a long time.
As with all hobbies, most of the time is spent getting to level 6. Once you're there though, it's quicker, but it depends on luck.
sonlightmom wrote: Since joining this board and realizing that hobbying is one of the best ways to level up, I'm back at it... Doing 4 minutes rounds as often as I can find some free time to keep my Sims busy, but the last time Andras went fishing he still had 2 fish left to catch to complete his collection and there has been no progress since.
Is he level 6?
sonlightmom wrote:since my 2 guys that fish can't fish together and they aren't making any progress if they should just give up fishing and start woodworking with the other guys.
Possibly. As you realised, the other hobbies are more lucrative, but once you've changed to a different hobby, you have to start back at level 1 again. It's up to you.
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

Both of my fishermen are still level 5, one at 83% and one at 70%, but they never seem to make any progress which is why I quit fishing for a while. Sure would be nice if they could fish together. I guess I could have Lachlan go to a neighbors pond for a while since I'm waiting on night to do my next neighbor goal. I'm not one to easily give up on a goal but this is getting a little frustrating. :) They are getting really tired of catching boots & sticks. ;)

Thanks for your reply.
Kristi

* Other items: Teen Idol Mansion or 2 Story Mansion on Island, including cat, dog w. Frisbee & firepole.
boysnberry11
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by boysnberry11 »

I've cycled through fishing a few times, but have since quit. I used to have more than 1 fisherman, but I didn't see any value in it. Plus, once I leveled up and was fishing for LPs only, it would take several days to over a week to complete a set. I don't have that kind of attention span and I don't play hours a day.

I still leave him as the only fisherman in my town. You just never know when they may spring something new like they did with the expansion of the ghost hunting.
GC: boysnberry11
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by HordePrime »

sonlightmom wrote:Both of my fishermen are still level 5, one at 83% and one at 70%, but they never seem to make any progress
You can't get the final 2 fish until one of them reaches level 6.
It might look like they aren't making progress, but they are - just very slowly. Doing lots of the 4min task is better than doing a longer one (in the same time period). It might only get you something like 0.05% towards the next level, but you'll get there eventually!

You might just want to concentrate on one though. There is little point in having more than one fisherman.
Remember, at the moment, your goal is NOT to catch all the fish. Your goal is to get a level 6 fisherman. After that, things get easier.
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

Thanks! I finally did notice that Andras went up to 71%, and like you said it's just just a SLOW process. But since Lachlan is closer I guess I should go back to him fishing and maybe just have Andras quit. My real goal is to get to level 40, (am 6% level 39 now), but fishing isn't really helping me progress so maybe the best alternative is just to have them both at the snow park since the hour activities there have such high xp. So many decisions to make! Ha!
Kristi

animagif
Sim Teen
Sim Teen

Post by animagif »

Since you are so close to level 6, it would be a shame to quit now. I suggest for you to persevere and finish it and unlock the fishersim outfit and wallpaper. After that, move your sim to a much more rewarding activity.
Btw, fishing at level 5 goes up 1% every two 4 minute rounds.
bazlit on Game Center (not updated to simpocalypse)
HFN at starter house. Ghost hunting at 1 Museum Blvd.
sonlightmom
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by sonlightmom »

Thanks! I won't give up completely... That's just not me. :) But I do think I'm going to have them spend time at the snow park for a while to help with my goal of getting to level 40 and then they can take turns fishing again. :) Though since the snow park activities are only for an hour, maybe one of them can do some night fishing.
Kristi

Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

I started my fisher sim on the hobby when I learned that the reward after the second round was new wallpaper. She's been working the 4 minute rounds pretty much non- stop for two weeks or so. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration, but she has spent a ridiculous amount of time there ! Finally reached level six this morning, and was incredibly lucky and only has one fish left to catch. I've had her stationed at the pond unless she's getting inspired, and will go start another 4 minute round in between the ice skaters and fashion designers, if I have time. Since there's only one of her she often hangs out for awhile. After she catches this last fish she's taking a well deserved day off, then slogging away to get wallpaper, and then she ' ll switch to ice skating or whatever comes up in the goals.
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

it took me around 2 months to get my fisher Sim to max level and completing the first set of fish collection...

then it took me almost 4 months to complete the 2nd set, due to the Simsie bug few updates back... am glad this bug has since been resolved...

hang on there, it is painfully slow but you will reach it.