What would you like to see in Sims FreePlay?

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
User avatar
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 473
Joined: 04 May 2015, 19:22

Re: Suggestions

Post by Huaca Flora »

It seems that "whocares" doesn't really care about forum rules ;-)

There is a topic about "things" that people like to discuss, for example, things that could be improved.

And what makes you think that this game is only for Android? :lol: Why not take a look at the website of EA... The creators of the game. Or at Facebook, a very popular page were news related to all updates and wishes of gamers is posted.

However, the household limit is 4 and I have actually no idea if an elder can marry an adult. I don't really want to try that.
What do you really mean with in-game sims? The sims you cannot control? Those appear only with quests, as far as I am concerned. The total amount of sims is 34, which you can see if you tap on the sign that shows your amount of sims (at least on an iPad).
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Whocares1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 3
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 13:42

Re: Suggestions

Post by Whocares1 »

Sorry for posting on the wrong place, I´ll discuss the other topic then.
User avatar
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1526
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 11:55

Re: Suggestions

Post by telemwill »

Hello and welcome to the forum! Early in the game, real time can be frustrating. Once you get more Sims though, it seems like there is always something to do. I have 34 and there are times I wish I could put the game on pause! I agree it would be nice to have more physical variety in our Sims. We do have more faces than at first, so it is possible that more will be added. We also got more make-up in the last update which helps to individualize them some.

As for the YA thing, to me most of the adult Sims look YA. I would like a child stage between toddler and preteen though. Also maybe middle aged adult faces would be nice. We did use to have grey hair for adults. I would like to have that back. So I don't know if a different adult stage is needed, just the ability to vary the look more. At least, that would satisfy me.

I honestly don't want pregnancy. I think it would mess up some aspects of the game that people like. I really don't even like the woohoo in bed because now toddlers can't sleep with their parents and Sims can't get in a bed with a pet or teddy bear on it. I understand about single Sims having babies though as that does happen. The best you can do is to send the partner out of town (delete him or her). Speaking of babies and to answer one of your questions, the looks of the babies appear to be totally random unlike the PC games. You can however change the baby's looks to whatever you wish when you create them (when they are "born"). I am not sure if an adult can marry a senior. Early on, you couldn't. I am thinking that has changed though.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6164
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1

Re: what would you like to see in SIMS FREEPLAY ???

Post by ErinPW »

I have moved the last four posts to the related topic, so everything is on the right place now :)
Art Nouveau Update, 5.82.0
iOS 17.3

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
User avatar
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 473
Joined: 04 May 2015, 19:22

Re: what would you like to see in SIMS FREEPLAY ???

Post by Huaca Flora »

I have this question: Why would you like an elder getting babies? Of course, getting married at an older age is not something strange, but a woman getting a baby at an older age is not really common. The average age of the menopause is around 50 or so, although some women can get pregnant at an older age and other women reach the menopause at a much younger age (which is often a very difficult and tragic situation). Obviously, men do not have this problem. However, even men experience hormonal changes at an older age. Besides, getting kids at an older age increases the risk of chromosome abnormality and miscarriage. Also, your parents might die when you are at a very young age.

I really prefer to see the elderly as grandparents instead of parents. It is just the 'ideal' situation. Maybe we should not want the game to have too many options, like this. But that is my opinion. I agree that it is unrealistic that parents must be married before they can get kids (I know too many people that have divorced parents, including myself), but then it really becomes an ethical issue. Furthermore, the creators of the game do not take all the cultural differences into account (we can start a whole new discussion about cultural differences, if you like). I assume that EA is mostly 'focused' on the situation in the United States, and by that I mean the the most common situation, of which I don't know as much as the situation in the country I live in (in Europe).
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
Whocares1
Newborn Sim
Newborn Sim
Posts: 3
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 13:42

Re: what would you like to see in SIMS FREEPLAY ???

Post by Whocares1 »

Huaca Flora, I was more talking about for example if a elder could date/have romantic relationship with an adult for example and when I said having more babies of course not the elder women that´s very unrealistic it was more an adult female with a male elder, but honestly i´m not very interested in that either it was just a question that come to my mind.

Telemwill, i´m already started to get used to the games pace, because when your start having more sims to control it makes more sense this way ;). The fact that there is no pregnancy well I can deal with that. Still I think there should be a YA lifestage I don´t know if I´m being a bit stubborn here, and idk if it would be difficult to implement but I think it would be important because as I said being in the 20s is not like 50s, and it as huge gap of age.

Another question (remember i´m just starting playing, sorry for some dumb questions, sometimes it´s just things that come to my mind at the moment) if the household limit is 4 people than a couple can´t have more than 2 babies?
User avatar
Huaca Flora
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 473
Joined: 04 May 2015, 19:22

Re: what would you like to see in SIMS FREEPLAY ???

Post by Huaca Flora »

Whocares1 wrote:Huaca Flora, I was more talking about for example if a elder could date/have romantic relationship with an adult for example and when I said having more babies of course not the elder women that´s very unrealistic it was more an adult female with a male elder, but honestly i´m not very interested in that either it was just a question that come to my mind.
Ah, okay!
The fact that there is no pregnancy well I can deal with that. Still I think there should be a YA lifestage I don´t know if I´m being a bit stubborn here, and idk if it would be difficult to implement but I think it would be important because as I said being in the 20s is not like 50s, and it as huge gap of age.
Well, I quite see your point! The sims can't go to college :o I tried to make a house for students (which is common in Europe for those who go to college), or it could have been something like a campus, but it isn't really possible. We can only place items in the house like the musical instruments (which are meant for teen idols) or the career items (which are meant for adults)!
(remember i´m just starting playing, sorry for some dumb questions, sometimes it´s just things that come to my mind at the moment)
I thought as much, haha ;) It's okay, basically questions aren't dumb. However, at the internet/at forums, I always try to do a little research beforehand :)
Halloween Update

HFN: Bliss Drive 1 | Hotel Transymvania: Terra Drive 1 (haunted) | Home for the Elderly: Diver's Way 1 | Spa @ Home: West Side 20 | Sim Thermae: East Oceanside 2
Level: 55
Time zone: GMT+1
User avatar
SIMazing
Sim Elder
Sim Elder
Posts: 823
Joined: 11 Sep 2013, 16:18
Location: CA

Re: what would you like to see in SIMS FREEPLAY ???

Post by SIMazing »

What I would like:
> doors that can be locked
> curtains and windows that can be opened and closed
> single-square square dining tables
> Play areas for toddlers and babies added to the park and snow park
> karaoke - not as a hobby, but for fun. Maybe at the nightclub?
> fruit baskets
> plates of cookies
> single square closets and three square dressers
> shoe racks
HFN 1: Starter House with haunted upstairs, 1 firepole: (22 West Side)
HFN 2 -Clue House with 4 firepoles: on island behind Tempest of Bliss (3 Bliss Drive)
User avatar
julz21
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen
Posts: 117
Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 23:45

Re: what would you like to see in SIMS FREEPLAY ???

Post by julz21 »

In addition to many things already mentioned, I'd like a setting in which we can choose what "goodies" our pets dig up: $, LPs, SPs, or resources and the ability to change that setting whenever we want. I'd also like the castle to have a residential quarters. I want to put a real royal family in there and for them to be able to host royal events.
User avatar
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran
Posts: 1526
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 11:55

Re: what would you like to see in SIMS FREEPLAY ???

Post by telemwill »

Whocares1 wrote:Huaca Flora, I was more talking about for example if a elder could date/have romantic relationship with an adult for example and when I said having more babies of course not the elder women that´s very unrealistic it was more an adult female with a male elder, but honestly i´m not very interested in that either it was just a question that come to my mind.

Telemwill, i´m already started to get used to the games pace, because when your start having more sims to control it makes more sense this way ;). The fact that there is no pregnancy well I can deal with that. Still I think there should be a YA lifestage I don´t know if I´m being a bit stubborn here, and idk if it would be difficult to implement but I think it would be important because as I said being in the 20s is not like 50s, and it as huge gap of age.

Another question (remember i´m just starting playing, sorry for some dumb questions, sometimes it´s just things that come to my mind at the moment) if the household limit is 4 people than a couple can´t have more than 2 babies?
I don't think it is stubborn to want a YA stage, and it is possible it will be added at some point. I don't think we have anyone in the game that looks fifty though. I couldn't make a Sim that looks like me, and I'm in my fifties. The adults look younger and the elders way older. At least I hope I don't look that old! Haha.

Unfortunately, the game normally only allows a couple to have two babies. However, very occasionally, the game will give you twins. If your "second" baby turns out to be twins, you can have a family of five. That happened to me with the Potter family. Albus and Lily are technically twins, but I grew Albus to preteen and left Lily a toddler. Also if one parent dies, and there is an orphan child in town, the child can be adopted by the surviving parent, so you could get three children that way. Look around the forum for some other ideas.

Oh, and I want to be able to build a room on a balcony without having to delete the entire balcony first. If we could delete parts of a balcony that would work too.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Post Reply