Returning after 133 weeks, need help remembering Marketplace events!

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Post Reply
User avatar
HordePrime
Sim Adult
Sim Adult
Posts: 696
Joined: 14 Oct 2013, 16:32
x 2

Returning after 133 weeks, need help remembering Marketplace events!

Post by HordePrime » 27 Jul 2019, 13:28

I successfully managed to restore my game after 133 weeks of not playing (that's about 2 and a half years)!

I can't remember how to do MarketPlace events, is there a guide anywhere?

I must have saved with a lot of resources, because it says I don't have enough space to collect anymore.
What do I do with the resources again (how do I get rid of them)? - Do I have to wait 30mins to keep tapping on the crates? Is there nothing I can do in the meantime?

I want the piano but I can't remember what I have to do to get it!

Any other tips on what I've missed would be helpful. I can see an insane amount of discovery quests awaiting me.

Also, I need neighbours!
I have a lovely neighbour house in my town with (AFAIR) everything you used to need for the neighbour quests. If you want to be neighbours, please let me know (I can't really remember how that works now either)

Also, when I last played,. I had a lot of keys saved (I think you got one every week for completing a certain number of tasks?) - How do I redeem them again? I heard I can use them to get stuff I missed out on??

Many thanks.
1 x

User avatar
mockingbird288z
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6533
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 04:51
Location: Florida; UTC -4:00
x 1883
Contact:

Re: Returning after 133 weeks, need help remembering Marketplace events!

Post by mockingbird288z » 01 Aug 2019, 07:34

HordePrime wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 13:28
I successfully managed to restore my game after 133 weeks of not playing (that's about 2 and a half years)!
Welcome back!!!!
HordePrime wrote:I can't remember how to do MarketPlace events, is there a guide anywhere?
I don't think we have a guide on the forum. But basically you fill the crates by paying resources, watching an ad, or with a marketplace token. You get points for filling crates (the more the crate cost, the more points you get). And then you get bonus points depending on how far along your workplaces have progressed. If you are completely done with the police station, for example, and you get a crate asking for police station resources worth 180 points, then you get a 100% bonus and the crate is worth 360 points. But if you had just started on your police station it would only be worth 180 points.

You get the marketplace tokens by helping a special courier who will show up at the workplaces while the marketplace event is happening. You can store up to 3 tokens.
HordePrime wrote:I must have saved with a lot of resources, because it says I don't have enough space to collect anymore.
What do I do with the resources again (how do I get rid of them)? - Do I have to wait 30mins to keep tapping on the crates? Is there nothing I can do in the meantime?
If you got to the workplace menu (go to any workplace and tap on the menu icon in the upper left corner) and then go to the storage screen you can sell excess resources.

Selling them is one way to get rid of them, using them for the marketplace events is also a way, and then using them to build up the workplaces is the last way.

So if you need more of xxx kind or resource for the marketplace but have to many of yyy you can sell yyy to then work on collecting xxx.
HordePrime wrote:I want the piano but I can't remember what I have to do to get it!
The black piano? It's a marketplace prize that can come up randomly. You can sometimes find one in architect houses.
HordePrime wrote:Any other tips on what I've missed would be helpful. I can see an insane amount of discovery quests awaiting me.
Let me think on that for a bit - the live events and these new Simchase events are the things that come to mind right now. Oh, and pregnancy and pregnancy events. To many events!
HordePrime wrote:Also, I need neighbours!
I have a lovely neighbour house in my town with (AFAIR) everything you used to need for the neighbour quests. If you want to be neighbours, please let me know (I can't really remember how that works now either)
With the change to how GameCenter works it's no longer a way to get new friends in the game. Any friends you had before will still show but we can't add new ones. And Google Play games doesn't work for friends anymore, either.

The only way now is to be friends with someone on Facebook.
HordePrime wrote:Also, when I last played,. I had a lot of keys saved (I think you got one every week for completing a certain number of tasks?) - How do I redeem them again? I heard I can use them to get stuff I missed out on??

Many thanks.
We can use keys in the Mystery Box Shop. Tap on the weekly quests menu and then tap on the Mystery Box Shop in the lower right corner. Then you can pick from the Loot Box, Bounty Box, or Fortune Box. Those boxes have had a nice update and they have lots of items that can only be unlocked through them as well as (the Fortune Box) a lot of limited time prizes and even some items from the online store.
1 x
HFN: 22 West Side -- Includes dog and cat
Family Furnishings Update

Post Reply