Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
User avatar
LittleBean
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler
Posts: 79
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 04:22
x 168

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by LittleBean » 03 Dec 2019, 21:24

Desiree wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 14:30
I have a weekly goal of ‘drink a fancy coffee’ - don’t recall if this is new or not - but the coffee makers all have 3 options- with the same 24 second completion, I’m pretty sure the options used to vary in time with fancy coffee being 4 minutes. In any case, drinking the fancy coffee doesn’t complete the goal. I tried different sims and tried at the snow park as I think that used to be a goal? But nothing. I think the animation for it is different too. They check their watch while the coffee is brewing, go find a chair and drink the coffee, which appears when they sit down.
I checked my home coffee machines as well as the public pool coffee machine, and all actions are are 24-30 seconds. Looks like you may have to wait for a patch or skip the task using LP. 😞 I hope I don’t get a coffee task in my batch of weekly goals. With the event grind I’ve got no LP to spare.
2 x

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4505
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1
x 1326

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW » 04 Dec 2019, 08:12

LittleBean wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 21:24
Desiree wrote:
03 Dec 2019, 14:30
I have a weekly goal of ‘drink a fancy coffee’ - don’t recall if this is new or not - but the coffee makers all have 3 options- with the same 24 second completion, I’m pretty sure the options used to vary in time with fancy coffee being 4 minutes. In any case, drinking the fancy coffee doesn’t complete the goal. I tried different sims and tried at the snow park as I think that used to be a goal? But nothing. I think the animation for it is different too. They check their watch while the coffee is brewing, go find a chair and drink the coffee, which appears when they sit down.
I checked my home coffee machines as well as the public pool coffee machine, and all actions are are 24-30 seconds. Looks like you may have to wait for a patch or skip the task using LP. 😞 I hope I don’t get a coffee task in my batch of weekly goals. With the event grind I’ve got no LP to spare.
For sure it's a bug as all coffee and tea makers got the short options. The ones from home store as well as the one at community center and snow park. The vending machines at the mall and ice ape arcade only give soda and energie drinks.
Guess, the social tasks and life dreams are also effected. I'll try it out later today.

I would skip the weekly and social tasks and then submit a support ticket. Usually the Firemonkeys give the used LPs back.
Attachments
D53CA2BF-2860-4A13-9238-908CEEDC4ED1.jpeg
2 x
Lakeside Christmas, 5.50.0
iOS 13.1.3

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4505
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1
x 1326

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW » 04 Dec 2019, 15:05

In the meantime I had a look into social tasks and geek life dream.

I've got three tasks using a coffee machine at neighbor's towns - Drink espresso, have a fancy coffee at snow park and tripple fudge hot chocolate. All tasks show the short options and they all completed. So we don't have to worry about those goals.

The geeky life dream that uses a tea set - The 24 second option does give progress. But my sim had to do the task about 50 times until I saw a tiny blue progress bar. In case one feels stuck at this life dream I'd recommend to contact the Firemonkeys.
There's also an option to change the personality, but that may not be the best idea to do, if there's much progress towards the orb already.
Attachments
Life dream at tea set
Life dream at tea set
3 x
Lakeside Christmas, 5.50.0
iOS 13.1.3

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 326
Joined: 18 Sep 2014, 13:26
Location: NorthEast Texas
x 162

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by bloodredroses01 » 05 Dec 2019, 02:50

Broomstick Riding hobby - Sim will take out broom like normal but then the blue footsteps icon appears above their head. :(
2 x
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01
Christmas 2019 update

User avatar
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 347
Joined: 08 Oct 2018, 02:13
Location: New Zealand
x 519
Contact:

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by 3luv4eva3 » 05 Dec 2019, 06:12

I saw something in a FB chat that you can now put wall items over certain furniture against a wall now?

Sims will now turn towards a TV when they sit in a seat facing a different way. Didn't think this was new, but apparently it is for some.
3 x
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 8
Version 5.48.2 - Fine Dining Update

'Low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4505
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1
x 1326

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW » 05 Dec 2019, 08:06

bloodredroses01 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 02:50
Broomstick Riding hobby - Sim will take out broom like normal but then the blue footsteps icon appears above their head. :(
There's a bug with this hobby for a while already on drive way homes. Try out different lots. You'll also find some infos about this bug on page one of this thread.
2 x
Lakeside Christmas, 5.50.0
iOS 13.1.3

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4505
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1
x 1326

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW » 05 Dec 2019, 08:30

3luv4eva3 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 06:12
I saw something in a FB chat that you can now put wall items over certain furniture against a wall now?

Sims will now turn towards a TV when they sit in a seat facing a different way. Didn't think this was new, but apparently it is for some.
Wall decorations above furniture is possible for some time already. While the last update it was new for some more wall decorations.

Looking towards the TV isn't new. But it seems to be random, whether or not the sims do. On the first pic all sims look to their right, but only two of them are looking to the TV. On the second pic all look to the TV.
(Klick to enlarge)
Attachments
BBCD97BB-7656-4CAB-9C35-A515636FF4D8.jpeg
4 x
Lakeside Christmas, 5.50.0
iOS 13.1.3

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

User avatar
3luv4eva3
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 347
Joined: 08 Oct 2018, 02:13
Location: New Zealand
x 519
Contact:

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by 3luv4eva3 » 05 Dec 2019, 09:10

ErinPW wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 08:30
3luv4eva3 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 06:12
I saw something in a FB chat that you can now put wall items over certain furniture against a wall now?

Sims will now turn towards a TV when they sit in a seat facing a different way. Didn't think this was new, but apparently it is for some.
Wall decorations above furniture is possible for some time already. While the last update it was new for some more wall decorations.

Looking towards the TV isn't new. But it seems to be random, whether or not the sims do. On the first pic all sims look to their right, but only two of them are looking to the TV. On the second pic all look to the TV.
(Klick to enlarge)
That's what I thought, on both accounts.
2 x
SFP: Level 55
VIP: Level 8
Version 5.48.2 - Fine Dining Update

'Low key' gamer, writer and binge watcher

bloodredroses01
Sim Teen
Sim Teen
Posts: 326
Joined: 18 Sep 2014, 13:26
Location: NorthEast Texas
x 162

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by bloodredroses01 » 05 Dec 2019, 14:09

How did I miss that?!? Thanks, Erin. Right now she’s making jewelry so I can get that last prize that I missed out on. I’ll worry about the bug later.

Something else I noticed is, on the movie lot, the windows in the director’s office are doing this weird flickering thing.
1 x
Morgan Rose
GameCenter: BloodRedRoses01
Christmas 2019 update

User avatar
ErinPW
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4505
Joined: 10 Sep 2013, 10:41
Location: Germany, UTC +1
x 1326

Re: Lakeside Christmas Update - Changes

Post by ErinPW » 05 Dec 2019, 14:54

I'm pretty sure the rustic round mirror didn't have options when it was new, but I don't know when it has changed.
Attachments
6E90BBFC-E099-460E-A364-987EF514E83E.jpeg
3 x
Lakeside Christmas, 5.50.0
iOS 13.1.3

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View

Post Reply