[Holiday Quest] A Christmas Carole

This section is all about (discovery) quests.
ErinPW

[Holiday Quest] A Christmas Carole

Post by ErinPW »

„A Christmas Carole“ is a 13 day quest that is supposed to start on 12th December.

We‘ll post the tasks as they appear in the game.

The required NPCs usually show up in the Sim tracker. Santa may also show up in the sim‘s contacts, if they have interacted with him in the past. Possibly you have to force close the game for the NPCs to show up.

32002BF2-97A5-4233-B325-48001EA690C2.jpeg

Day 1 Total Time: 12 hours 26 minutes

1. Place 5 Christmas Decorations – (Featured tab in Home Store, counts if you take them from inventory.)
2. Build a snowman – 10 minutes (Tap the X in front of a sim’s home.)
3. Talk to the snowman – 30 minutes
4. De-stress on a couch – 2 hours
5. Research Holiday destinations – 1 hour 16 minutes (Computer)
6. Talk to the snowman again – 3 hours 50 minutes
7. Wait for Santa’s sleigh in the park – 4 hours, 40 minutes (Tap the X)

Unlocks „Pruned Plants & Planks“

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 2 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 2 Total Time: 13 hours 55 minutes
1. Go to Santa’s workshop (Use the sleigh in the park.)
2. Question Santa – 10 minutes
3. Inspect ergonomic workstations 9 times – 8 hours 15 minutes (Tap on the workstations with several sims at a time) (Can be skipped with 36 LPs)
4. Inspect present machine – 45 minutes
5. Inspect Santa’s letter pile – 1 hour 25 minutes
6. Say goodbye to Santa – 1 hour                                                 
7. Send all sims home
8. Resume holiday research – 2 hours 20 minutes (couch)

Unlocks ‘Tudor Exteriors’ pack.

Wait for day 3

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 3 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 3 Total Time: Up to 18 hours 5 minutes

1.       Talk to the snowman – 10 minutes
2.       Go to the Ice Palace (Use the sleigh in the park)
3.       Speak to the Ice Queen – 40 minutes
4.       Inspect the frost blaster 5000 – 1 hour 15 minutes
5.       Talk to the Ice Queen – 45 minutes
6.       Review snow schedule 10 times – 8 hours 15 minutes (Tap on the Ice Queen) (Can be skipped with 51 LPs)
7.       Receive warmthfullness therapy – 2 hours 30 minutes (Ice Queen)
8.       Send all sims home
9.       Book overseas holiday – up to 4 hours 30 minutes (Tap on a dining table with a chair)
Note: Try different tables. Some will show 3 hours 40 minutes!

Prize: ‘Tudor Side Table’

Wait for day 4.

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 4 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 4 Total Time: 14 hours 38 minutes

1.       Search for vacation clothes – 15 minutes (Wardrobe)
2.       Talk to the snowman again – 30 minutes
3.       Talk to Pepper in the park – 1 hour 15 minutes
4.       Review Pepper’s roster – 30 minutes
5.       Give Pepper some warmthfullness therapy – 2 hours 50 minutes
6.       Check SimBNB confirmation – 24 minutes (Computer)
7.       Find 36 winter socks – 8 hours 30 minutes (Tap objects around your sim’s homes) Not for preteens.
Note: Have as many sims as you can to do this task Quick complete will give extra socks.
8.       Call a cab – 24 minutes (Phone)

Prize: ‘Tudor Coffee Table’

Wait for day 5

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 5 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 5 Total Time: 12 hours 55 minutes

1.       Talk to Kam Ham in the nightclup – 10 minutes
2.       Decline Kam Ham’s offer – 30 minutes
3.       Go to Albion Square (By using a phone.)
4.       Collect the key from Carole – 10 minutes
5.       Inspect the house – 1 hour 15 minutes (Tap the X in front of the middle house.)
6.       Have a rest in bed – 2 hours 30 minutes
(At Albion Square are 2-star beds but it will work in a sim’s home in a 3-star bed in 2 hours 20 minutes)
7.       Search for noise 14 times – 8 hours 30 minutes (Tap on 14 items around Albion Square and your sim’s homes.)
(Can be skipped with 95 LPs)

Unlocks: ‘Grand Entrance’ pack.

Wait for day 6

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 6 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 6 Total Time: 15 hours 11 minutes

Note: Use a phone to reach Albion Square

1.       Relax at a TV – 10 minutes (or 8 minutes at a 3-star TV at home)
2.       Clean up the rubbish – 30 minutes (Albion Square ground floor kitchen middle house.)
3.       Panic over ghost – 1 hour 15 minutes
4.       Talk to Carole about ghosts – 15 minutes (First house in Albion Square)
5.       Get some air at the bench in Albion Square – 1 hour 16 minutes (Bench in the park area.)
6.       Talk to the ghost – 30 minutes
7.       Research ghost languages – 2 ours 30 minutes (2 hours at a 3-star bookcase at home.)
8.       Find 60 ghostlish translator parts – 8 hours 30 minutes (Tap on objects around your sim’s houses) (Can be skipped with 68 LPs)
Note: Have as many sims as you can to do this task. Quick complete will give extra parts.
9.       Make the ghostlish translator – 15 minutes (Tap the X in the kitchen in the middle house.)

Unlocks: ‘Tudor Heights’ pack.

Wait for day 7

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 7 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 7 Total Time: 17 hours 2 minutes

1.       Use ghostlish translator on the ghost (at Albion Square) – 10 minutes
2.       Greet the ghost next door – 15 minutes (Third house, next to the park area)
3.       Question Fran (the ghost) – 10 minutes
4.       Ask Fran about haunting – 30 minutes
5.       Ask Carole about ghosts – 45 minutes
6.       Think about Carole’s lesson – 1 hour 16 minutes (Dining chair)
7.       Search for 17 pieces of information about Carole – 8 hours 30 minutes (Can be skipped with 116 LPs)
. . . . (Each sim doing this task needs a computer)
8.       Clear snow near phone booth – 4 hours 10 minutes (Albion Square - the other side of the street.)
9.       Call a private investigator – 1 hour 16 minutes (Use the Red Telephone Box)

Unlocks: ‘Albion Streets’ pack.

Wait for day 8

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 8 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 8 Total Time: 18 hours 10 minutes

Go to Albion Square

1.       Ask Paul about Carole – 10 minutes
2.       Change into something stealthy (Browse clothes and change an item of clothes on a wardrobe)
3.       Find 19 pieces of information about Carole’s past – 8 hours 30 minutes (Can be skipped with 129 LPs)
........(Tap on 19 3-star objects around Albion Square and your sim’s homes.)
4.       Read Carole’s diary – 2 hours 50 minutes (Or 2 hours 20 minutes on a 3-star couch at home.)
5.       Reflect on Carole’s childhood – 45 minutes (Tap the X in the middle house in Albion Square.)
6.       6. Watch Carole’s video tape – 1 hour 40 minutes (Or 1 hour 20 minutes at a 3-star TV at home)
7.       Weep at a couch – 1 hour 35 minutes (Or 1 hour 16 minutes on a 3-star couch at home)
8.       Rest on a bed – 2 hours 40 minutes (Or 2 hours 20 minutes in a 3-star bed at home.)

Unlocks: ‘Iron Fencing’ pack

Wait for day 9

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 9 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 9 Total Time: 14 hours 15 minutes

1.       Search for 100 pieces of the contract – 8 hours 30 minutes (Can be skipped with 102 LPs)
Note: Have as many sims as you can to do this task. Quick complete will give extra pieces.
2.       Read the contract – 1 hour 35 minutes (Tap the X on the balcony in the middle house in Albion Square.)
3.       Confront Carole – 15 minutes
4.       Find somone to persuade Carole – 1 hour 16 minutes (Dining chair)
5.       Call Santa – 24 minutes (Red Telephone Box)
6.       Wait for Santa – 2 hours 15 minutes (Tap the X near Albion Square park area)

Unlocks: ‘Library Living’ pack.

Wait for day 10

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 10 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 10 Total Time: 16 hours 41 minutes

1.       Apprise Santa – 10 minutes (In Albion Square)
2.       2. Think at the bench in Albion Square – 1 hour 16 minutes (Park area)
3.       Confront Carole with her past – 30 minutes
4.       Confront Carole with her present – 1 hour 15 minutes
5.       Consider what happened – 1 hour 20 minutes (Use the bench in park area or a 3-star couch at home.)
6.       Talk to Santa about contract – 20 minutes
7.       Search for Santa’s contract 22 times – 8 hours 30 minutes (Can be skipped with 150 LPs)
........(Tap on 22 objects around albion Square and your sim’s homes)
8.       Read Santa’s contract – 1 hour 35 minutes (Tap the X on balcony in Albion Square)
9.       Explain contract to Santa – 30 minutes
10.   Give Santa warmthfullness therapy – 1 hour 15 minutes

Unlocks:  ‘Soothing Sitting Room’ pack.

Wait for day 11

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 11 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 11 Total Time: 18 hours 25 minutes

1.       Support Santa’s confrontation – 15 minutes (Tap on Carole.)
2.       Devise a way to cheer up Santa – 24 minutes (Use the bench in park area or a 3-star couch at home.)
3.       Push Santa on sled – 2 hours 20 minutes
4.       Show Santa the giant Christmas tree – 3 hours 20 minutes
5.       Sing 23 Christmas carols – 10 hours 20 minutes (Can be skipped with 156 LPs)
Note 1: Have 23 sims tap on X at the front of their houses and in front of the tree in Albion Square.
Note 2: You can have up to 8 sims at one X. If a sim refuses to do this task go to another house and go ahaid there.
6.       Accept Santa’s apology – 30 minutes
7.       Hatch a plan with Santa – 1 hour 16 minutes (Dining chair in Albion Square.)

Unlocks: ‘Cozy Corner’ pack.

Wait for day 12

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 12 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 12 Total Time: 18 hours 15 minutes

Mostly at Albion Square.
1.       Ask Pepper what’s wrong – 10 minutes
2.       Panic with Pepper – 45 minutes
3.       Ask Santa about his thoughts – 15 minutes
4.       Find 150 stocking fillers – 7 hours 30 minutes (Can be skipped with 113 LPs)
........(Tap objects around your sim’s houses.)
5.       Give Pepper good news – 20 minutes
6.       Finalize plan with Santa – 15 minutes
7.       Ask Fran about Alex – 30 minutes
8.       Search 25 times for Alex’s address – 8 hours 30 minutes (Can be skipped with 170 LPs)
........(Tap on 25 objects around Albion Square and your sim’s homes.)

Unlocks: ‘Making Memories’ pack.

Wait for day 13

If you finish before 24 hours you will have to wait for Day 13 or pay SP to skip the wait. If you started the quest late you won't have to wait.

Day 13 Total Time: 19 hours 54 minutes

Mostly at Albion Square.
1.       Invite Carole to Christmas dinner – 10 minutes
2.       Call Alex from the phone booth – 24 minutes
3.       Discuss dinner with Paul – 45 minutes
4.       Look for 28 truffles – 8 hours 30 minutes (Can be skipped with 190 LPs)
........(Tap on 28 objects around Albion Square and your sim’s homes.)
5.       Cook Christmas dinner - 15 minutes Have to use oven at Albion Square
6.       Butter up Carole – 30 minutes
7.       Remove Christmas dinner from oven – 10 minutes
8.       Receive treatment from Carole – 1 hour 15 minutes
9.       Watch Alex and Carole’s reunion – 2 hours 30 minutes (Tap on Carole)
10.   Join the Christmas meal – 3 hours 50 minutes
11.   Say goodbye to Carole – 1 hour 35 minutes
12.   Send all your sims home

Quest is complete!

If you completed the Quest in time your sim has been awarded the ‘Albion Square’ house template.
Find the house in the “Driveway Homes” tab at any ‘Residence’ or Ocean View Residence’. Find the additional items in the ‘Bay Windows, ‘Windows’, ‘Fences’, ‘Doors’, ‘Kitchen’ and ‘Counter Tops’ sections of the Home Store.
Last edited by ErinPW on 23 Dec 2020, 07:59, edited 19 times in total.
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
ErinPW

Re: [Seasonal Quest] A Christmas Carole

Post by ErinPW »

We‘ll post screenshots later in this post.

If you tapped the task away you can find it at the Task Box.
F2F8BD7C-A26C-4BED-9290-3169CC361AB7.jpeg

The game will show exclamation marks for items you can use. If possible use 3-star items.
For some tasks you have to tap the big blue flashing X.
DB56E6BF-717C-4D48-8993-0A6D3C57E686.jpeg

You can reach Albion Square by using a phone.
52C6BC96-03C1-4C59-9C7D-771AEA6ED357.jpeg

You can speed up the tasks by using LPs
CF5DF552-1EB3-43B8-966A-D5B1107A10E0.jpeg

The tasks that require many sims can be skipped with LPs.
Skip whole task
Skip whole task

Tapping the Quest picture at the upper left corner reveals pictures of the prizes for every set. Tapping the magnifying glass will show details.
FD473B8C-B3B6-419B-98DF-EE1D1D13E648.jpeg

The daybreak can be skipped by using SPs. The number depends on how many hours are left until the next set will appear.
ECEF5014-405D-4E2D-BC27-7653514B7ADD.jpeg

Prizes

The first of each item is free.

Day 1 Prizes
Day 1 Prizes
Day 2 Prizes
Day 2 Prizes
Day 3 Prize
Day 3 Prize
Day 4 Prize
Day 4 Prize
Day 5 Prize
Day 5 Prize
Day 6 Prize
Day 6 Prize
Day 7 Prize
Day 7 Prize
Day 8 Prize
Day 8 Prize
Day 9 Prize
Day 9 Prize
Day 10 Prize
Day 10 Prize
Day 11 Prize
Day 11 Prize
Day 12 Prize
Day 12 Prize
Day 13 - Final Prize
Day 13 - Final Prize

The template „Albion Square“ on a premium lot in a maxed out town.
„Albion Square“ 1
„Albion Square“ 1

The upper pictures show the areas outside the grid on both lot sizes. It will be the same on the island. Using a Weather Machine with „Blue Skies“ it will still keep the snow outside the grid.
The middle pictures are made on a standard lot.
The bottom pictures are made on a premium lot.
„Albion Square“ 2
„Albion Square“ 2
Last edited by ErinPW on 02 Jan 2021, 13:20, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: Pictures
iOS 17.4.1

chamilet
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by chamilet »

One plus of this pandemic: I won't be trying to complete this quest during the midnight church service...
GC = chamilet (Glee characters) Please mention Sims
GC = LeslieGurun76 (Whovian characters) Please mention Sims
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I almost missed that the day 2 task of inspecting workstations requires 9 sims! Just had one doing it
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I sure wish we had a countdown meter. I don't recall time of day I started and think I'm a bit behind as I didn't have to wait until next day.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

SKatF wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 06:10 I sure wish we had a countdown meter. I don't recall time of day I started and think I'm a bit behind as I didn't have to wait until next day.
It didn’t matter in my game. I started at 930am and it starts at 2am anyway. It was like that last one of these too as I recall.
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

kls1st wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 07:04
SKatF wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 06:10 I sure wish we had a countdown meter. I don't recall time of day I started and think I'm a bit behind as I didn't have to wait until next day.
It didn’t matter in my game. I started at 930am and it starts at 2am anyway. It was like that last one of these too as I recall.
Nope nevermind. I recall that I did go into the game in the night but when I got the notice I abandoned it thinking it hadn’t started but I guess it did! Dang I thought since I hadn’t actually started I hadn’t actually started! Well that’ll teach me ;)
copperwood
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by copperwood »

kls1st wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 07:14
Nope nevermind. I recall that I did go into the game in the night but when I got the notice I abandoned it thinking it hadn’t started but I guess it did! Dang I thought since I hadn’t actually started I hadn’t actually started! Well that’ll teach me ;)
Same thing happened to me. I closed the game without tapping a button, but the game still uses that time as the quest start time.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

copperwood wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 07:24
kls1st wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 07:14
Same thing happened to me. I closed the game without tapping a button, but the game still uses that time as the quest start time.
Looks like the sets start at 7.00 am UTC every day - the same time around the world no matter when you opened the game on day one and started the first task. That‘s hard if it‘s in the middle of the night in your time zone :?
iOS 17.4.1

ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Day 3 Task 9:
„Book overseas holiday – up to 4 hours 30 minutes (Tap on a dining table with a chair)
Note: Try different tables. Some will show 3 hours 40 minutes!

The pictures show some tables with the shorter time.
Attachments
D1C83A9E-D899-463E-BFBE-A4A650175745.jpeg
iOS 17.4.1