Coming soon: July/August Update

All information about updates!
(Quests, new stuff, other features!)
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Re: Coming soon: July/August Update

Post by simmare »

Since it doesn’t even involve our own Sims, I have a feeling I’m going to feel very… disconnected from this event. It may just be one to leave alone, except that I hate having open items in my Simdex. Have we heard anything else that might be coming in the update?
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side
Level 60 achieved! 2/14/24

No Facebook, only GameCenter: MareZX1
kls1st
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by kls1st »

Yikes! I was a barista/manager for a small coffee shop irl. It was my last job before I retired. It was fun but not fun enough to do for fun. I don’t miss it. How is this supposed to be fun? I’m gonna stay retired, thanks.
ErinPW

Post by ErinPW »

Pretty much at the bottom of the FAQ is a link to the blog notes, but it’s not working, yet, I‘m pretty sure it will be visible on ea.com, soon :)

kls1st wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 10:57 Yikes! I was a barista/manager for a small coffee shop irl. It was my last job before I retired. It was fun but not fun enough to do for fun. I don’t miss it. How is this supposed to be fun? I’m gonna stay retired, thanks.
I don’t want to have too much of my real life in my game either. I‘m not holding my breath for this update 🤷‍♀️
Handcrafted Homes Update, 5.83.1
iOS 17.4.1

HFN 3 Eastside includes cat and dog.
Haunted House 1 Museums Boulevard and Volcano View
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

I hope this can be ignored. I never had any interest in playing those "own a cafe" games. This sounds like a tenuous link to one of those.

Very distracting time wise to the base SFP game. And perhaps draining resources from it too.

I hope it doesn't make game run slower or glitch more. It's got to be bulking up the demands on my device.
LJoughin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LJoughin »

I was wondering as well, there has been nothing about any live tasks or sim chase or influence island so is this cafe it ?
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

This must be the “something big” that prevented them from providing early access to the Lego update (as mentioned in the Girl Who Games blog). I feel this is going to push the game in the wrong direction. If I wanted to control random characters running a cafe, I’d play a different game. I want to do things with my Sims that I created and have controlled for nigh on 10 years. I wonder what reaction other players will have when this rolls out.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

Debbilu_7
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Debbilu_7 »

I agree with all the concerns given here. Fingers crossed that it can just run on the side to ignore if we choose (like most of the other cafés in town—an awful lot for a town with less than forty citizens lol). It will probably creep into weekly tasks though. It would be nice if the rewards that can be used elsewhere in town were something other than café equipment but I’m not holding my breath.
Updated town info in profile
SKatF
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by SKatF »

EA has posted info on Summer update
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-s ... rin-summer
simmare
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by simmare »

And again we’re over-scheduled. Irritating Island, SimChase, and finishing Palm Promenade all at the same time. Along with the over-complicated cafe thing.
HFN 4 West Oceanside
HH 3 East Side

LJoughin
Sim Toddler
Sim Toddler

Post by LJoughin »

Does anyone know if we have to start this on the 25 th or can we wait a while like downtown developer ?