Transporting sim baby

All the Sims Freeplay discussions can be held here.
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Transporting sim baby

Post by Desiree »

I think I asked this before, but I'm still confused.

I am thinking about adding a sim baby, and keeping her as a baby for quite awhile. My question is, can babies be transported from house to house, as long as there is an adult in each house?

I imagine if its possible there would need to be a cradle in each house and the baby transports to it?

I really want a baby as part of my sim world, but would like to be able to place her in daycare when her parents work.
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Re: Transporting sim baby

Post by telemwill »

The only way I know to move the baby is by relocating an entire family to a new house. An adult must always be with the baby. It cannot go to a daycare, but an adult babysitter can come to watch the baby while the parents work.

I do wish we could have a Sim sling for the babies!
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

Sim babies need a nanny, but sim toddlers can go to day care. I only keep babies long enough to bake their birthday cake. Otherwise, they would just be hibernating all the time, because they only sleep for 4 hours and I can't function on that schedule in real life.

You can't bathe them or take them for walks in a stroller or carry them around. You get to cuddle by the cradle and feed them in the cradle but you can't even hold them in the rocking chair or anything that you would normally do with a new baby. I send my parents to work, but I send another Sim over to babysit for as long as the baby is a baby.

I wish they would let us put them in a stroller and take them for walks and stuff, or rock them to sleep in the rocking chair and sing lullabies or something.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
telemwill
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by telemwill »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Sim babies need a nanny, but sim toddlers can go to day care. I only keep babies long enough to bake their birthday cake. Otherwise, they would just be hibernating all the time, because they only sleep for 4 hours and I can't function on that schedule in real life.

You can't bathe them or take them for walks in a stroller or carry them around. You get to cuddle by the cradle and feed them in the cradle but you can't even hold them in the rocking chair or anything that you would normally do with a new baby. I send my parents to work, but I send another Sim over to babysit for as long as the baby is a baby.

I wish they would let us put them in a stroller and take them for walks and stuff, or rock them to sleep in the rocking chair and sing lullabies or something.
Yes, all that. It would make babies fun to have.
HFN at #11 West Side. Haunted House at #1 East Side. Three star instruments at #3 East Side.
bloodcool
Sim Elder
Sim Elder

Post by bloodcool »

Hufflepuff Karen wrote:Sim babies need a nanny, but sim toddlers can go to day care. I only keep babies long enough to bake their birthday cake. Otherwise, they would just be hibernating all the time, because they only sleep for 4 hours and I can't function on that schedule in real life.

before they introduced the toddler update, 1 Sim is always sacrificed to take care of the baby and thus not money-productive
1010AM
Sim Pre-teen
Sim Pre-teen

Post by 1010AM »

i dont like babies. n there is no quest for them. so why i should keep them? i transform them into toddler as soon as possible. it is better to have teen instead of babies
im not a native english speaker. im sorry for miswritten or spelling.
thx for ur understanding
Hufflepuff Karen
Sim Veteran
Sim Veteran

Post by Hufflepuff Karen »

I can see some people wanting to have a baby for their family's story line, I did that with my first baby, but after about 3 days I got tired and grew her up. And her family was easy, because dad worked nights and mom worked days, so somebody was always home. Wish teens could babysit, that would earn XP and $ and let the parents go out together to the snow lodge or the park or the nightclub.

My new baby was a baby for a few hours. As soon as I knew the new update would let me have the baby, I started the baby and set up an aunt in the kitchen to bake the cake. Kyle was only a baby long enough to be fed, cuddled, changed and take some pictures. I think I let him sleep 4 hours because the cake became ready while I was at work and I didn't want to have his birthday until I got home.

Now he is a toddler and he spends each day with his friend Molly, since her daddy works nights and his parents both work at the stadium. Actually, Kyle and Molly are at the community pool, even though Molly's mom left for work. Since two of the neighbor guys are there practicing diving, I can have them at the pool together for hours. Keeps them busy! Wish they could play in the sandbox together - I would let them befriend the sandworm all day.
I think, therefore, I Sim! (Or I did before they told me to "harvest" them)
HFN at Starter House (22 West Side); Pools& pets at several homes
Ghost hunting 2 Museum Blvd
GC: Hufflepuff Karen
TV $330,648,445 on 03/12/2014; Lvl 48
Desiree
Sim Adult
Sim Adult

Post by Desiree »

Oh well, that's what I was afraid of. I'm designing a house for each of my adult children ( real life children, virtual house lol) and hate seeing that bubble over the cradle for my daughters baby.

Guess I'll do all my other kids and not make her a sim replica until her little girl turns 1 :lol:
2 Divers Way HFN - haunted theme

3 Bliss Drive

please message me if items missing/ blocked

DesireeVSanchez on GC - please mention SFP forum.
---Whatever the current update is
GlendaTheMostGood on Google Play
---Holiday 2016 Update---stuck in time